Nov 16, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
LeBron James had a remarkably efficient performance in the Heat’s win over the Mavericks on Friday, even by his unprecedented standards.
James finished with 39 points in just under 37 minutes of action, and scored them by taking just 18 shots.
LeBron shot 14-of-18 from the field, good for 77.7 percent shooting, and made his only three-point attempt of the night while sinking 10 of 11 free throws.
Afterward, James was given a hypothetical to answer, and while his prediction initially might come across as bold, it’s actually closer to the truth than it may seem at first glance.
James’ hyper-efficient shooting performance comes on the heels of Toronto Raptors forward Rudy Gay shooting 37 field goal attempts in an overtime loss to the Houston Rockets on Monday. Gay totaled just 29 points in more than twice as many attempts. …
After Friday’s game, James was asked about his reaction when he sees other players shooting 30 — or as much as 37 — attempts in a game.
“I had [almost] 40 now with 18 shots, I mean … If you give me 37 shots in a game, I’d put up 60. Easy,” James said.
After seeing James continue to put up staggering numbers while in the prime of his career, it’s hard to intelligently debate the accuracy of his comments.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4