Nov 16, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
The Nets got their first road win of the season in spectacular fashion on Friday, getting a game-winner from Joe Johnson at the overtime buzzer to beat the Suns in Phoenix.
The victory was a costly one, however, as Brooklyn will be extremely shorthanded when the team faces the Clippers in Los Angeles on Saturday.
The Nets announced that Deron Williams (sprained left ankle), Brook Lopez (sprained left ankle) and Paul Pierce (sore groin) are all out against the Clippers. Kevin Garnett is being called a game-time decision.
Williams left early in the first quarter after rolling his ankle and did not return. Lopez and Garnett collided late in overtime, and were slow to get up afterward. Lopez actually had to be helped off the floor, but returned for the game’s final 30-plus seconds.
It was unclear when exactly Pierce sustained his injury, but after logging almost 41 minutes on Friday, there’s no reason to rush him back out there at this point in the season if he’s feeling anything less than 100 percent.
It will be a reunion of sorts in L.A., as Pierce and Garnett will get to see their former Celtics head coach, Doc Rivers. But it will be far less exciting with those key players (and a couple more) all out due to injury.
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 0
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 25
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 38
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 62
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6