Nov 16, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
The Nets got their first road win of the season in spectacular fashion on Friday, getting a game-winner from Joe Johnson at the overtime buzzer to beat the Suns in Phoenix.
The victory was a costly one, however, as Brooklyn will be extremely shorthanded when the team faces the Clippers in Los Angeles on Saturday.
The Nets announced that Deron Williams (sprained left ankle), Brook Lopez (sprained left ankle) and Paul Pierce (sore groin) are all out against the Clippers. Kevin Garnett is being called a game-time decision.
Williams left early in the first quarter after rolling his ankle and did not return. Lopez and Garnett collided late in overtime, and were slow to get up afterward. Lopez actually had to be helped off the floor, but returned for the game’s final 30-plus seconds.
It was unclear when exactly Pierce sustained his injury, but after logging almost 41 minutes on Friday, there’s no reason to rush him back out there at this point in the season if he’s feeling anything less than 100 percent.
It will be a reunion of sorts in L.A., as Pierce and Garnett will get to see their former Celtics head coach, Doc Rivers. But it will be far less exciting with those key players (and a couple more) all out due to injury.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 50
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19