Nov 16, 2013, 7:30 PM EDT
The Nets got their first road win of the season in spectacular fashion on Friday, getting a game-winner from Joe Johnson at the overtime buzzer to beat the Suns in Phoenix.
The victory was a costly one, however, as Brooklyn will be extremely shorthanded when the team faces the Clippers in Los Angeles on Saturday.
The Nets announced that Deron Williams (sprained left ankle), Brook Lopez (sprained left ankle) and Paul Pierce (sore groin) are all out against the Clippers. Kevin Garnett is being called a game-time decision.
Williams left early in the first quarter after rolling his ankle and did not return. Lopez and Garnett collided late in overtime, and were slow to get up afterward. Lopez actually had to be helped off the floor, but returned for the game’s final 30-plus seconds.
It was unclear when exactly Pierce sustained his injury, but after logging almost 41 minutes on Friday, there’s no reason to rush him back out there at this point in the season if he’s feeling anything less than 100 percent.
It will be a reunion of sorts in L.A., as Pierce and Garnett will get to see their former Celtics head coach, Doc Rivers. But it will be far less exciting with those key players (and a couple more) all out due to injury.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23