Nov 15, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Remember last season when Kyrie Irving had to wear a mask for a while after a broken jaw?
Well, we may see the mask again.
Irving suffered a minimally displaced right nasal fracture against the Timberwolves, but he will play through the injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. That includes Friday night against the Bobcats. No word on the mask.
Irving has struggled a little to start the season. He’s still averaging 20.1 points and 7.1 assists a game, but he is shooting just 38.6 percent overall and 33.3 percent from three. Eventually those numbers will improve, this is just a little slump.
But a busted nose isn’t going to help that any.
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 0
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 23
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 22
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 12