Nov 15, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Remember last season when Kyrie Irving had to wear a mask for a while after a broken jaw?
Well, we may see the mask again.
Irving suffered a minimally displaced right nasal fracture against the Timberwolves, but he will play through the injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. That includes Friday night against the Bobcats. No word on the mask.
Irving has struggled a little to start the season. He’s still averaging 20.1 points and 7.1 assists a game, but he is shooting just 38.6 percent overall and 33.3 percent from three. Eventually those numbers will improve, this is just a little slump.
But a busted nose isn’t going to help that any.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 23
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 22
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48