Nov 15, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Remember last season when Kyrie Irving had to wear a mask for a while after a broken jaw?
Well, we may see the mask again.
Irving suffered a minimally displaced right nasal fracture against the Timberwolves, but he will play through the injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. That includes Friday night against the Bobcats. No word on the mask.
Irving has struggled a little to start the season. He’s still averaging 20.1 points and 7.1 assists a game, but he is shooting just 38.6 percent overall and 33.3 percent from three. Eventually those numbers will improve, this is just a little slump.
But a busted nose isn’t going to help that any.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 12
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 13