Nov 15, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Remember last season when Kyrie Irving had to wear a mask for a while after a broken jaw?
Well, we may see the mask again.
Irving suffered a minimally displaced right nasal fracture against the Timberwolves, but he will play through the injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. That includes Friday night against the Bobcats. No word on the mask.
Irving has struggled a little to start the season. He’s still averaging 20.1 points and 7.1 assists a game, but he is shooting just 38.6 percent overall and 33.3 percent from three. Eventually those numbers will improve, this is just a little slump.
But a busted nose isn’t going to help that any.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 2
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 25
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10