Nov 15, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
Remember last season when Kyrie Irving had to wear a mask for a while after a broken jaw?
Well, we may see the mask again.
Irving suffered a minimally displaced right nasal fracture against the Timberwolves, but he will play through the injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer. That includes Friday night against the Bobcats. No word on the mask.
Irving has struggled a little to start the season. He’s still averaging 20.1 points and 7.1 assists a game, but he is shooting just 38.6 percent overall and 33.3 percent from three. Eventually those numbers will improve, this is just a little slump.
But a busted nose isn’t going to help that any.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 3
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 23
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 28
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0