Nov 15, 2013, 5:11 PM EST
We told you that the Knicks’ J.R. Smith and the Pistons’s Brandon Jennings got into a little twitter beef when Jennings questioned whether J.R.’s brother Chris Smith deserved to be in the NBA? (He’s not the only person to question that.)
We told you that the league was investigating the tweet you see at the top of the page, one J.R. Smith sent out (and has since deleted), one that the league didn’t find amusing.
Now the league has come down with a $25,000 fine on Smith for “directing hostile and inappropriate language to another player via his Twitter account, in violation of NBA rules.”
It’s not really a surprise, the league is very image conscious, especially if it is something a critic can tie the word “thug” to. The league has worked hard to lose that image. So Smith gets fined for his tweet.
Now we can all move on. I hope.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20