Nov 15, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
We told you that the Knicks’ J.R. Smith and the Pistons’s Brandon Jennings got into a little twitter beef when Jennings questioned whether J.R.’s brother Chris Smith deserved to be in the NBA? (He’s not the only person to question that.)
We told you that the league was investigating the tweet you see at the top of the page, one J.R. Smith sent out (and has since deleted), one that the league didn’t find amusing.
Now the league has come down with a $25,000 fine on Smith for “directing hostile and inappropriate language to another player via his Twitter account, in violation of NBA rules.”
It’s not really a surprise, the league is very image conscious, especially if it is something a critic can tie the word “thug” to. The league has worked hard to lose that image. So Smith gets fined for his tweet.
Now we can all move on. I hope.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 7
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 39
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73