Nov 15, 2013, 5:11 PM EDT
We told you that the Knicks’ J.R. Smith and the Pistons’s Brandon Jennings got into a little twitter beef when Jennings questioned whether J.R.’s brother Chris Smith deserved to be in the NBA? (He’s not the only person to question that.)
We told you that the league was investigating the tweet you see at the top of the page, one J.R. Smith sent out (and has since deleted), one that the league didn’t find amusing.
Now the league has come down with a $25,000 fine on Smith for “directing hostile and inappropriate language to another player via his Twitter account, in violation of NBA rules.”
It’s not really a surprise, the league is very image conscious, especially if it is something a critic can tie the word “thug” to. The league has worked hard to lose that image. So Smith gets fined for his tweet.
Now we can all move on. I hope.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18