Nov 15, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Yes, we’ve shown trick shots before where guys have thrown the ball down hundreds of feet and set a distance record, but they are aided by gravity. What about hitting a long shot while at ground level?
Well, here you go.
That is Corey “Thunder” Law of the Harlem Globetrotters, making a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, at the U.S. Airways Center (home to your Phoenix Suns). The fine folks from Guinness — the World Records book, although I enjoy their other main product as well — were on hand to make it official.
Heck of a shot, although you’d swear Stephen Curry beats that twice a game.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie.
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 0
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 5
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 12
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 13
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 11