Nov 15, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Yes, we’ve shown trick shots before where guys have thrown the ball down hundreds of feet and set a distance record, but they are aided by gravity. What about hitting a long shot while at ground level?
Well, here you go.
That is Corey “Thunder” Law of the Harlem Globetrotters, making a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, at the U.S. Airways Center (home to your Phoenix Suns). The fine folks from Guinness — the World Records book, although I enjoy their other main product as well — were on hand to make it official.
Heck of a shot, although you’d swear Stephen Curry beats that twice a game.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20