Nov 15, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Yes, we’ve shown trick shots before where guys have thrown the ball down hundreds of feet and set a distance record, but they are aided by gravity. What about hitting a long shot while at ground level?
Well, here you go.
That is Corey “Thunder” Law of the Harlem Globetrotters, making a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, at the U.S. Airways Center (home to your Phoenix Suns). The fine folks from Guinness — the World Records book, although I enjoy their other main product as well — were on hand to make it official.
Heck of a shot, although you’d swear Stephen Curry beats that twice a game.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8