Nov 15, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
Yes, we’ve shown trick shots before where guys have thrown the ball down hundreds of feet and set a distance record, but they are aided by gravity. What about hitting a long shot while at ground level?
Well, here you go.
That is Corey “Thunder” Law of the Harlem Globetrotters, making a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, at the U.S. Airways Center (home to your Phoenix Suns). The fine folks from Guinness — the World Records book, although I enjoy their other main product as well — were on hand to make it official.
Heck of a shot, although you’d swear Stephen Curry beats that twice a game.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42