Nov 15, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Yes, we’ve shown trick shots before where guys have thrown the ball down hundreds of feet and set a distance record, but they are aided by gravity. What about hitting a long shot while at ground level?
Well, here you go.
That is Corey “Thunder” Law of the Harlem Globetrotters, making a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, at the U.S. Airways Center (home to your Phoenix Suns). The fine folks from Guinness — the World Records book, although I enjoy their other main product as well — were on hand to make it official.
Heck of a shot, although you’d swear Stephen Curry beats that twice a game.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61