Nov 15, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Yes, we’ve shown trick shots before where guys have thrown the ball down hundreds of feet and set a distance record, but they are aided by gravity. What about hitting a long shot while at ground level?
Well, here you go.
That is Corey “Thunder” Law of the Harlem Globetrotters, making a shot from 109 feet, 9 inches, at the U.S. Airways Center (home to your Phoenix Suns). The fine folks from Guinness — the World Records book, although I enjoy their other main product as well — were on hand to make it official.
Heck of a shot, although you’d swear Stephen Curry beats that twice a game.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 19
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25