Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose tweaked his hamstring Monday night in the Bulls win over the Cavaliers (a game in which Rose was 8-of-21). It was described as “minor” — he was walking around, not limping — but hamstrings can be tricky things that need rest.
Rose sat out practice Wednesday, then Friday he sat out shootaround in Toronto.
Yes Rose wants to play Friday night but don’t expect Tom Thibodeau to let him go, says Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Look for Kirk Hinrich to get the start.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Better to error on the side of caution here. Hamstrings are things that can linger if not allowed to fully heal before they are tested again.
Which means I’d wonder if Rose is going to play Saturday night in a bigger game against the Pacers. It is possible Thibodeau rests Rose Friday and plays him in the big division showdown, but more likely Rose is on the bench for the weekend.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10