Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Derrick Rose tweaked his hamstring Monday night in the Bulls win over the Cavaliers (a game in which Rose was 8-of-21). It was described as “minor” — he was walking around, not limping — but hamstrings can be tricky things that need rest.
Rose sat out practice Wednesday, then Friday he sat out shootaround in Toronto.
Yes Rose wants to play Friday night but don’t expect Tom Thibodeau to let him go, says Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Thibs says Derrick won't participate in shootaround, "unlikely" to play tonight in Toronto…Derrick says maybe—
Aggrey Sam (@CSNBullsInsider) November 15, 2013
Look for Kirk Hinrich to get the start.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Better to error on the side of caution here. Hamstrings are things that can linger if not allowed to fully heal before they are tested again.
Which means I’d wonder if Rose is going to play Saturday night in a bigger game against the Pacers. It is possible Thibodeau rests Rose Friday and plays him in the big division showdown, but more likely Rose is on the bench for the weekend.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5