Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose tweaked his hamstring Monday night in the Bulls win over the Cavaliers (a game in which Rose was 8-of-21). It was described as “minor” — he was walking around, not limping — but hamstrings can be tricky things that need rest.
Rose sat out practice Wednesday, then Friday he sat out shootaround in Toronto.
Yes Rose wants to play Friday night but don’t expect Tom Thibodeau to let him go, says Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Look for Kirk Hinrich to get the start.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Better to error on the side of caution here. Hamstrings are things that can linger if not allowed to fully heal before they are tested again.
Which means I’d wonder if Rose is going to play Saturday night in a bigger game against the Pacers. It is possible Thibodeau rests Rose Friday and plays him in the big division showdown, but more likely Rose is on the bench for the weekend.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 31
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 52
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31