Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose tweaked his hamstring Monday night in the Bulls win over the Cavaliers (a game in which Rose was 8-of-21). It was described as “minor” — he was walking around, not limping — but hamstrings can be tricky things that need rest.
Rose sat out practice Wednesday, then Friday he sat out shootaround in Toronto.
Yes Rose wants to play Friday night but don’t expect Tom Thibodeau to let him go, says Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Look for Kirk Hinrich to get the start.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Better to error on the side of caution here. Hamstrings are things that can linger if not allowed to fully heal before they are tested again.
Which means I’d wonder if Rose is going to play Saturday night in a bigger game against the Pacers. It is possible Thibodeau rests Rose Friday and plays him in the big division showdown, but more likely Rose is on the bench for the weekend.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27