Nov 15, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Derrick Rose tweaked his hamstring Monday night in the Bulls win over the Cavaliers (a game in which Rose was 8-of-21). It was described as “minor” — he was walking around, not limping — but hamstrings can be tricky things that need rest.
Rose sat out practice Wednesday, then Friday he sat out shootaround in Toronto.
Yes Rose wants to play Friday night but don’t expect Tom Thibodeau to let him go, says Aggrey Sam of CSNChicago.com.
Look for Kirk Hinrich to get the start.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Better to error on the side of caution here. Hamstrings are things that can linger if not allowed to fully heal before they are tested again.
Which means I’d wonder if Rose is going to play Saturday night in a bigger game against the Pacers. It is possible Thibodeau rests Rose Friday and plays him in the big division showdown, but more likely Rose is on the bench for the weekend.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38