Nov 15, 2013, 9:59 PM EST
PHOENIX – Deron Williams suffered another ankle injury during the first quarter in Phoenix on Friday, leaving the game with 7:20 to play in the first quarter.
Williams will not return to the game, the team announced.
In Brooklyn’s loss to Sacramento on Wednesday, Williams tweaked his ankle in the second quarter, but stayed in the game and finished with 13 points and seven assists while playing 35 minutes.
This injury appeared to be much worse, as Williams remained down in obvious pain before hopping off the floor and straight into the locker room. Brooklyn is just 2-5 to start the season, and the team trailed by as many as 12 points in the first quarter in Phoenix.
video via The Brooklyn Game
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 5
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 17
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19