Nov 15, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
PHOENIX — Deron Williams suffered another ankle injury during the first quarter in Phoenix on Friday, leaving the game with 7:20 to play in the first quarter.
Williams will not return to the game, the team announced.
In Brooklyn’s loss to Sacramento on Wednesday, Williams tweaked his ankle in the second quarter, but stayed in the game and finished with 13 points and seven assists while playing 35 minutes.
This injury appeared to be much worse, as Williams remained down in obvious pain before hopping off the floor and straight into the locker room. Brooklyn is just 2-5 to start the season, and the team trailed by as many as 12 points in the first quarter in Phoenix.
video via The Brooklyn Game
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9