Nov 15, 2013, 9:59 PM EST
PHOENIX – Deron Williams suffered another ankle injury during the first quarter in Phoenix on Friday, leaving the game with 7:20 to play in the first quarter.
Williams will not return to the game, the team announced.
In Brooklyn’s loss to Sacramento on Wednesday, Williams tweaked his ankle in the second quarter, but stayed in the game and finished with 13 points and seven assists while playing 35 minutes.
This injury appeared to be much worse, as Williams remained down in obvious pain before hopping off the floor and straight into the locker room. Brooklyn is just 2-5 to start the season, and the team trailed by as many as 12 points in the first quarter in Phoenix.
video via The Brooklyn Game
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9