Nov 15, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
PHOENIX — Deron Williams suffered another ankle injury during the first quarter in Phoenix on Friday, leaving the game with 7:20 to play in the first quarter.
Williams will not return to the game, the team announced.
In Brooklyn’s loss to Sacramento on Wednesday, Williams tweaked his ankle in the second quarter, but stayed in the game and finished with 13 points and seven assists while playing 35 minutes.
This injury appeared to be much worse, as Williams remained down in obvious pain before hopping off the floor and straight into the locker room. Brooklyn is just 2-5 to start the season, and the team trailed by as many as 12 points in the first quarter in Phoenix.
video via The Brooklyn Game
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 9
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 2
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 45
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 3
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23