Nov 15, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
PHOENIX – Deron Williams suffered another ankle injury during the first quarter in Phoenix on Friday, leaving the game with 7:20 to play in the first quarter.
Williams will not return to the game, the team announced.
In Brooklyn’s loss to Sacramento on Wednesday, Williams tweaked his ankle in the second quarter, but stayed in the game and finished with 13 points and seven assists while playing 35 minutes.
This injury appeared to be much worse, as Williams remained down in obvious pain before hopping off the floor and straight into the locker room. Brooklyn is just 2-5 to start the season, and the team trailed by as many as 12 points in the first quarter in Phoenix.
video via The Brooklyn Game
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8