Nov 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks are one banged up team.
Point guards Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour are not medially cleared to play Friday night (that could change with Ridnour, but he was out as of this writing). Reserve shooting guard Gary Neal has a foot injury that kept him out of the last game. Small forward Carlos Delfino could miss the entire season. Ersan Ilyasova’s ankle has him sitting at home and not on he team’s road trip. At center both Larry Sanders (thumb) and Zaza Pachulia are out.
Now, you can add Caron Butler to the list.
The starting small forward is out against the Pacers Friday with a shoulder injury, reports the Journal-Sentinel. He’s expected to miss a couple of games.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Henson has looked good this season when Larry Drew has given him the chance. The Bucks have a promising potential front line with Sanders and Henson, but Drew is going with veterans he trusts more to get the starts and key minutes. Not sure why the Bucks want to play for now and not developing the future, but that seems to be the plan.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13