Nov 15, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Milwaukee Bucks are one banged up team.
Point guards Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour are not medially cleared to play Friday night (that could change with Ridnour, but he was out as of this writing). Reserve shooting guard Gary Neal has a foot injury that kept him out of the last game. Small forward Carlos Delfino could miss the entire season. Ersan Ilyasova’s ankle has him sitting at home and not on he team’s road trip. At center both Larry Sanders (thumb) and Zaza Pachulia are out.
Now, you can add Caron Butler to the list.
The starting small forward is out against the Pacers Friday with a shoulder injury, reports the Journal-Sentinel. He’s expected to miss a couple of games.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Henson has looked good this season when Larry Drew has given him the chance. The Bucks have a promising potential front line with Sanders and Henson, but Drew is going with veterans he trusts more to get the starts and key minutes. Not sure why the Bucks want to play for now and not developing the future, but that seems to be the plan.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4