Nov 15, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
It was vintage Carmelo Anthony against the Rockets Thursday night: 45 points on 30 shots, plus he pulled down 10 rebounds.
Anthony had to carry the Knicks and most nights his performance would have carried them to a win, but the Rockets had guys putting up numbers too (James Harden had 36 points) and the Rockets held on to get the win.
Still, Anthony was in rare form and we should enjoy that when it come along.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6