Nov 15, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
It was vintage Carmelo Anthony against the Rockets Thursday night: 45 points on 30 shots, plus he pulled down 10 rebounds.
Anthony had to carry the Knicks and most nights his performance would have carried them to a win, but the Rockets had guys putting up numbers too (James Harden had 36 points) and the Rockets held on to get the win.
Still, Anthony was in rare form and we should enjoy that when it come along.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49