Andre Iguodala with the leaning game winner to beat Thunder (VIDEO)

Nov 15, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT

Just moments before it felt like Russell Westbrook had hit the dagger — a deep three from about 26 feet out that completed the comeback and had the Thunder up one over the Warriors with just 2.3 seconds left.

Then Andre Iguodala with the jumper fading to the baseline happened.

Except that’s not what Mark Jackson had drawn up.

“That wasn’t the play,” Iguodala told TNT’s Craig Sager after the game. “The play was for me to get it, fake a handoff then look for my shot, but they switched, Thabo (Sefalosha) is a great defender so he denied me the top side, so I took a page out of Kobe’s book cutting backdoor and that baseline shot, I’ve seen it a million times, but it worked for me this once.”

It worked beautifully, and the Warriors get a thrilling 116-115 win.

1. peterjohnjoseph - Nov 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM

So what have we learned so far this season?

When there is less than a second left in the game and it seems impossible to win, just get the ball to the right side baseline, and hit a fadeaway three. The play is 2-0 this season from the exact same spot. I mean, simple right? Phff.. Ask Lebron. He’ll tell you. He saw it up close a few days ago.

• peterjohnjoseph - Nov 15, 2013 at 4:46 AM

I hope the four people that thumbed me down so far just don’t like bad jokes, and not for the fact that they don’t understand sarcasm. I thought even without sarcastafont that was pretty clear.

• bjornreyes - Nov 15, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Now there are five people who don’t like bad jokes.

• asimonetti88 - Nov 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Except for the part where this wasn’t a three.

2. lakerade - Nov 15, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Fun game, fantastic ending. Westbrook’s best game back, but can Ibaka keep that up? Will Perkins cure some ills with his return? On the other side, wow, the activity on both ends of the floor is riveting, and seems very sustainable. Iggy alone increases GSW’s depth across the board. Oh and he does convincing Kobe impressions.

3. ihavenonickname - Nov 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM

wasn’t that almost a travel?

• spthegr8 - Nov 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Almost only counts in hand grenade’s & horseshoes. Just Sayin’!!!! Helluva shot by Iggy tho!! The Dub’s are 4REAL!!!!!!

• joeksnuffy - Nov 15, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Key word: almost.

4. padraighansen - Nov 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Man, great ending to a great game. Two teams that are both very easy to root for. Golden State is really, really good. Really good. The west could legitimately have 5 or more teams with a realistic shot to come out of the west to face the Heat or the Pacers, or the Bulls. Should be a great year.

5. anhdazman - Nov 15, 2013 at 7:51 PM

People, we have a very entertaining Playoff series to look ahead to if these two meet up in the WCF.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches