Nov 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Minnesota is off to a fast 6-3 start with a top 10 offense and defense (as much as you want to read into anything this early).
Think how much better they will be bringing a super athletic wing who can run the floor off the bench.
Chase Budinger suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee back at the end of September in training before the start of camp. Now he has been cleared for light activity and is taking steps to return to the team sooner rather than later, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Minnesota forward Chase Budinger has been cleared to resume basketball activities and will rejoin the team Friday, a league source told Yahoo Sports.
It is unclear how soon Budinger, 25, can return to the Timberwolves’ lineup, but doctors are enthusiastic about his progress and expect him to make a complete recovery, a source said.
Budinger only played 23 games last season due to torn cartilage in the same knee. However the Timberwolves were confident enough in his recovery to sign him to a three-year, $16 million contract in July. He was expected to be the starting three with the Timberwolves, but Corey Brewer has played well and could keep the starting role with Budinger as a sixth man.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Budinger’s last healthy season he averaged 9.4 points a game and shot 40 percent from three.
Whenever he returns, Budinger makes an already entertaining Timberwolves squad that much more dangerous and deep.
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 5
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 19
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19