Nov 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Minnesota is off to a fast 6-3 start with a top 10 offense and defense (as much as you want to read into anything this early).
Think how much better they will be bringing a super athletic wing who can run the floor off the bench.
Chase Budinger suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee back at the end of September in training before the start of camp. Now he has been cleared for light activity and is taking steps to return to the team sooner rather than later, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Minnesota forward Chase Budinger has been cleared to resume basketball activities and will rejoin the team Friday, a league source told Yahoo Sports.
It is unclear how soon Budinger, 25, can return to the Timberwolves’ lineup, but doctors are enthusiastic about his progress and expect him to make a complete recovery, a source said.
Budinger only played 23 games last season due to torn cartilage in the same knee. However the Timberwolves were confident enough in his recovery to sign him to a three-year, $16 million contract in July. He was expected to be the starting three with the Timberwolves, but Corey Brewer has played well and could keep the starting role with Budinger as a sixth man.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Budinger’s last healthy season he averaged 9.4 points a game and shot 40 percent from three.
Whenever he returns, Budinger makes an already entertaining Timberwolves squad that much more dangerous and deep.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 0
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 35
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6