Nov 14, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
Minnesota is off to a fast 6-3 start with a top 10 offense and defense (as much as you want to read into anything this early).
Think how much better they will be bringing a super athletic wing who can run the floor off the bench.
Chase Budinger suffered a torn meniscus in his left knee back at the end of September in training before the start of camp. Now he has been cleared for light activity and is taking steps to return to the team sooner rather than later, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Minnesota forward Chase Budinger has been cleared to resume basketball activities and will rejoin the team Friday, a league source told Yahoo Sports.
It is unclear how soon Budinger, 25, can return to the Timberwolves’ lineup, but doctors are enthusiastic about his progress and expect him to make a complete recovery, a source said.
Budinger only played 23 games last season due to torn cartilage in the same knee. However the Timberwolves were confident enough in his recovery to sign him to a three-year, $16 million contract in July. He was expected to be the starting three with the Timberwolves, but Corey Brewer has played well and could keep the starting role with Budinger as a sixth man.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Budinger’s last healthy season he averaged 9.4 points a game and shot 40 percent from three.
Whenever he returns, Budinger makes an already entertaining Timberwolves squad that much more dangerous and deep.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18