Nov 14, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
No suspension for Matt Barnes, the league didn’t come down on him as hard as expected.
The Clippers Matt Barnes was fined $25,000 by the NBA for “failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection and using inappropriate language on his Twitter account during the game following his ejection,” the league announced Thursday.
Barnes was ejected from Thursday night’s Clippers win over the Thunder for shoving Serge Ibaka after Blake Griffin and Ibaka had a little carry over from a rebounding position battle. Barnes was coming to the defense of his teammate. Here’s the video.
After being tossed Barnes went to the locker room where he sent out a tweet in frustration wondering why he comes to the defense of his teammates, a tweet with a racial epithet and a swear word in it.
Barnes took to twitter to apologize for that rant. That must have helped with the league.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50