Nov 14, 2013, 6:03 PM EST
No suspension for Matt Barnes, the league didn’t come down on him as hard as expected.
The Clippers Matt Barnes was fined $25,000 by the NBA for “failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection and using inappropriate language on his Twitter account during the game following his ejection,” the league announced Thursday.
Barnes was ejected from Thursday night’s Clippers win over the Thunder for shoving Serge Ibaka after Blake Griffin and Ibaka had a little carry over from a rebounding position battle. Barnes was coming to the defense of his teammate. Here’s the video.
After being tossed Barnes went to the locker room where he sent out a tweet in frustration wondering why he comes to the defense of his teammates, a tweet with a racial epithet and a swear word in it.
Barnes took to twitter to apologize for that rant. That must have helped with the league.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42