Nov 14, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
No suspension for Matt Barnes, the league didn’t come down on him as hard as expected.
The Clippers Matt Barnes was fined $25,000 by the NBA for “failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection and using inappropriate language on his Twitter account during the game following his ejection,” the league announced Thursday.
Barnes was ejected from Thursday night’s Clippers win over the Thunder for shoving Serge Ibaka after Blake Griffin and Ibaka had a little carry over from a rebounding position battle. Barnes was coming to the defense of his teammate. Here’s the video.
After being tossed Barnes went to the locker room where he sent out a tweet in frustration wondering why he comes to the defense of his teammates, a tweet with a racial epithet and a swear word in it.
Barnes took to twitter to apologize for that rant. That must have helped with the league.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4