Nov 14, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
No suspension for Matt Barnes, the league didn’t come down on him as hard as expected.
The Clippers Matt Barnes was fined $25,000 by the NBA for “failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection and using inappropriate language on his Twitter account during the game following his ejection,” the league announced Thursday.
Barnes was ejected from Thursday night’s Clippers win over the Thunder for shoving Serge Ibaka after Blake Griffin and Ibaka had a little carry over from a rebounding position battle. Barnes was coming to the defense of his teammate. Here’s the video.
After being tossed Barnes went to the locker room where he sent out a tweet in frustration wondering why he comes to the defense of his teammates, a tweet with a racial epithet and a swear word in it.
Barnes took to twitter to apologize for that rant. That must have helped with the league.
- It’s official: Lakers rule out Kobe Bryant for remainder of NBA season 0
- Carmelo Anthony confirms Phil Jackson “will be coming on board” with Knicks 4
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 24
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 17