Nov 14, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
No suspension for Matt Barnes, the league didn’t come down on him as hard as expected.
The Clippers Matt Barnes was fined $25,000 by the NBA for “failing to leave the court in a timely manner upon his ejection and using inappropriate language on his Twitter account during the game following his ejection,” the league announced Thursday.
Barnes was ejected from Thursday night’s Clippers win over the Thunder for shoving Serge Ibaka after Blake Griffin and Ibaka had a little carry over from a rebounding position battle. Barnes was coming to the defense of his teammate. Here’s the video.
After being tossed Barnes went to the locker room where he sent out a tweet in frustration wondering why he comes to the defense of his teammates, a tweet with a racial epithet and a swear word in it.
Barnes took to twitter to apologize for that rant. That must have helped with the league.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17