Nov 14, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Monday night, Memphis Grizzlies reserve swingman Quincy Pondexter broke his nose. He left the game not to return. He was out Wednesday night for the Grizzlies ugly loss to the Raptors.
But he hopes to return this weekend, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Pondexter is a homegrown shooter, the kind of player the Grizzlies really need, so he got an extension from the team on Halloween (four years, $14 million). Problem is he hasn’t been shooting all that well — 29.4 percent from three this season, down 10 percentage points from last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Memphis plays Friday night at the Lakers and Sunday night at the Kings, expect him to go in one of those games.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 0
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 53
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 11
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14