Nov 14, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Monday night, Memphis Grizzlies reserve swingman Quincy Pondexter broke his nose. He left the game not to return. He was out Wednesday night for the Grizzlies ugly loss to the Raptors.
But he hopes to return this weekend, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Pondexter is a homegrown shooter, the kind of player the Grizzlies really need, so he got an extension from the team on Halloween (four years, $14 million). Problem is he hasn’t been shooting all that well — 29.4 percent from three this season, down 10 percentage points from last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Memphis plays Friday night at the Lakers and Sunday night at the Kings, expect him to go in one of those games.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8