Nov 14, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Monday night, Memphis Grizzlies reserve swingman Quincy Pondexter broke his nose. He left the game not to return. He was out Wednesday night for the Grizzlies ugly loss to the Raptors.
But he hopes to return this weekend, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Pondexter is a homegrown shooter, the kind of player the Grizzlies really need, so he got an extension from the team on Halloween (four years, $14 million). Problem is he hasn’t been shooting all that well — 29.4 percent from three this season, down 10 percentage points from last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Memphis plays Friday night at the Lakers and Sunday night at the Kings, expect him to go in one of those games.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 15
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 66
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 45
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33