Nov 14, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Monday night, Memphis Grizzlies reserve swingman Quincy Pondexter broke his nose. He left the game not to return. He was out Wednesday night for the Grizzlies ugly loss to the Raptors.
But he hopes to return this weekend, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Pondexter is a homegrown shooter, the kind of player the Grizzlies really need, so he got an extension from the team on Halloween (four years, $14 million). Problem is he hasn’t been shooting all that well — 29.4 percent from three this season, down 10 percentage points from last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Memphis plays Friday night at the Lakers and Sunday night at the Kings, expect him to go in one of those games.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 12
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7