Nov 14, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
Monday night, Memphis Grizzlies reserve swingman Quincy Pondexter broke his nose. He left the game not to return. He was out Wednesday night for the Grizzlies ugly loss to the Raptors.
But he hopes to return this weekend, reports the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
Pondexter is a homegrown shooter, the kind of player the Grizzlies really need, so he got an extension from the team on Halloween (four years, $14 million). Problem is he hasn’t been shooting all that well — 29.4 percent from three this season, down 10 percentage points from last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $1,250. Starts at 8pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the link.
Memphis plays Friday night at the Lakers and Sunday night at the Kings, expect him to go in one of those games.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12