Nov 14, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics roller coaster of an early season continued Wednesday — they lost the first four, won the next four, then showed up against the Bobcats Wednesday and simply got outworked.
Still, a 4-5 start without Rajon Rondo on the roster is better than expected… and by the way, when might Rondo return from his ACL surgery?
Not until you have the Christmas lights up on your house, apparently. From the official twitter of the Boston Celtics.
Ainge on Rondo: "He's making great progress. I don't have a return date for him… I don't see anything happening this month."—
Boston Celtics (@celtics) November 14, 2013
First off, we’re never going to get a really straight answer from the organization on his recovery, this is about as good as that will get.
Second, not sure Ainge’s answer is really a surprise. Ainge had hinted earlier that come December things could move week to week.
Rondo wants you to know he is still working out.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 21
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 13
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 28