Nov 14, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Phoenix was on the verge of doing it again — they were ahead 89-88 with 11.3 seconds left, all they needed to do was get a stop and they would have another win to add to their surprising start to the season.
Portland’s Damian Lillard got the ball as everyone in the building knew he would, LaMarcus Aldridge comes out high and sets the screen, Lillard comes off of it and… what is Channing Fry doing? He doesn’t show out to slow Lillard, he doesn’t play back to try and take away a driving lane that way, rather he stands right next to Aldridge basically doubling the size of the screen.
So Lillard turns the corner off the screen and has a wide open path to the basket and nobody rotates over to stop him. P.J. Tucker reaches with his arm but doesn’t move his feet and that is the best effort they have.
Credit Lillard, he made the lay-up.
Phoenix still had a chance but a missed shot and two missed point-blank putbacks left this as the winning shot. The easiest one you will ever see.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4