Nov 14, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Phoenix was on the verge of doing it again — they were ahead 89-88 with 11.3 seconds left, all they needed to do was get a stop and they would have another win to add to their surprising start to the season.
Portland’s Damian Lillard got the ball as everyone in the building knew he would, LaMarcus Aldridge comes out high and sets the screen, Lillard comes off of it and… what is Channing Fry doing? He doesn’t show out to slow Lillard, he doesn’t play back to try and take away a driving lane that way, rather he stands right next to Aldridge basically doubling the size of the screen.
So Lillard turns the corner off the screen and has a wide open path to the basket and nobody rotates over to stop him. P.J. Tucker reaches with his arm but doesn’t move his feet and that is the best effort they have.
Credit Lillard, he made the lay-up.
Phoenix still had a chance but a missed shot and two missed point-blank putbacks left this as the winning shot. The easiest one you will ever see.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9