Nov 14, 2013, 4:09 PM EST
Matt Barnes has apologized.
Wednesday night when the Thunder’s Serge Ibaka and the Clippers’ Blake Griffin got tangled up, Barnes rushed to Griffin’s defense and shoved Ibaka. The result was an ejection and you can bet a suspension from the league will follow (Ibaka was ejected as well, Griffin got a technical).
That suspension for Barnes is going to be aggravated by what he tweeted after the game (and since deleted):
(Yes, that comes off as a frustrated shot at Griffin to me, too.)
Thursday Barnes took to twitter to apologize.
Barnes is the kind of guy you want on your team but hate to play against — feisty, committed, defends and is well liked in the locker room. Every team could use a guy like that. (I’ll admit my bias here, in my dealings with him he has been professional and thoughtful. I like him.)
All of that and the apology are great, but it’s not going to help him much when the league comes down on him.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9