Nov 14, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Star players get special treatment in the NBA. Everyone just accepts that.
But when merely above-average players like J.R. Smith get significant special favors, the floodgates open.
Unless you’re Brandon Jennings, whose stature is similar to Smith’s. Then you want to know why you can’t get your buddies into the NBA, too.
That tweet – referencing Pooh Jeter and Bobby Brown, who, like Jennings, are from Los Angeles, but are playing in China – was deleted. That’s why you’re seeing the message through a Holly MacKenzie retweet.
J.R. Smith didn’t respect any of this:
Jennings tried to preach love:
It didn’t work:
Smith is likely referring to Selby dunking on Jennings in a 2011 Goodman League game:
The Pistons and Knicks play Tuesday, and that could be more interesting now. Though if Smith and Jennings hijack the game to out-shoot each other, a real possibility, that would probably destroy the quality of basketball. On the other hand, what would the quality be regardless?
Here’s the real lesson: In a Twitter beef between Jennings and J.R. Smith, the only real winner is Chris Smith, because he’s getting paid. I guess that makes J.R. Smith a winner, too.
Jennings? He’s just yapping and accomplishing nothing, though I enjoy when ever players speak truth regardless of whether it’s rational for them to do so. Jennings not wrong, but as The Dude says… (And I mean that as compliment. I love the jerks.)
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13