Nov 14, 2013, 9:45 AM EST
Star players get special treatment in the NBA. Everyone just accepts that.
But when merely above-average players like J.R. Smith get significant special favors, the floodgates open.
Unless you’re Brandon Jennings, whose stature is similar to Smith’s. Then you want to know why you can’t get your buddies into the NBA, too.
That tweet – referencing Pooh Jeter and Bobby Brown, who, like Jennings, are from Los Angeles, but are playing in China – was deleted. That’s why you’re seeing the message through a Holly MacKenzie retweet.
J.R. Smith didn’t respect any of this:
Jennings tried to preach love:
It didn’t work:
Smith is likely referring to Selby dunking on Jennings in a 2011 Goodman League game:
The Pistons and Knicks play Tuesday, and that could be more interesting now. Though if Smith and Jennings hijack the game to out-shoot each other, a real possibility, that would probably destroy the quality of basketball. On the other hand, what would the quality be regardless?
Here’s the real lesson: In a Twitter beef between Jennings and J.R. Smith, the only real winner is Chris Smith, because he’s getting paid. I guess that makes J.R. Smith a winner, too.
Jennings? He’s just yapping and accomplishing nothing, though I enjoy when ever players speak truth regardless of whether it’s rational for them to do so. Jennings not wrong, but as The Dude says… (And I mean that as compliment. I love the jerks.)
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12