Nov 13, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
While Golden State has looked good this season — 5-3 so far after a beat down of Detroit Tuesday — their bench has been not been the source of strength it was last season (they miss Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry so far).
Now the bench just got a little weaker.
Backup point guard Toney Douglas will be out at least two weeks with a stress reaction in his left tibia, reports CSNBayArea.com. This apparently had been lingering for a while and he had just tried to play through it.
Douglas has averaged 6.4 points on 43.6 percent shooting per game in his 16 minutes a night.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
This means more minutes for Stephen Curry, so in the short term that is a good thing, although you don’t want to overload and wear down your star. When he hasn’t played the point Andre Iguodala has taken over that role for the Warriors and looked pretty good doing so. That’s why you bring in a glue guy like him; Iguodala just gets done what needs to get done.
This also could mean run for Summer League sensation Kent Bazemore.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 2
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 14
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29