Nov 13, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
While Golden State has looked good this season — 5-3 so far after a beat down of Detroit Tuesday — their bench has been not been the source of strength it was last season (they miss Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry so far).
Now the bench just got a little weaker.
Backup point guard Toney Douglas will be out at least two weeks with a stress reaction in his left tibia, reports CSNBayArea.com. This apparently had been lingering for a while and he had just tried to play through it.
Douglas has averaged 6.4 points on 43.6 percent shooting per game in his 16 minutes a night.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
This means more minutes for Stephen Curry, so in the short term that is a good thing, although you don’t want to overload and wear down your star. When he hasn’t played the point Andre Iguodala has taken over that role for the Warriors and looked pretty good doing so. That’s why you bring in a glue guy like him; Iguodala just gets done what needs to get done.
This also could mean run for Summer League sensation Kent Bazemore.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10