Nov 13, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
While Golden State has looked good this season — 5-3 so far after a beat down of Detroit Tuesday — their bench has been not been the source of strength it was last season (they miss Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry so far).
Now the bench just got a little weaker.
Backup point guard Toney Douglas will be out at least two weeks with a stress reaction in his left tibia, reports CSNBayArea.com. This apparently had been lingering for a while and he had just tried to play through it.
Douglas has averaged 6.4 points on 43.6 percent shooting per game in his 16 minutes a night.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $20,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
This means more minutes for Stephen Curry, so in the short term that is a good thing, although you don’t want to overload and wear down your star. When he hasn’t played the point Andre Iguodala has taken over that role for the Warriors and looked pretty good doing so. That’s why you bring in a glue guy like him; Iguodala just gets done what needs to get done.
This also could mean run for Summer League sensation Kent Bazemore.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38