Nov 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Glen Davis is going to pay for his late-night tantrum at a hotel.
The Orlando Magic have fined Davis for the incident, and GM Rob Hennigan released a statement.
“We will not tolerate or condone this type of behavior. As we have stated repeatedly when a player puts on an Orlando Magic uniform, he is representing something much greater than himself. We expect our players to uphold a certain standard of conduct and character at all times.”
The incident went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando. Davis tried to book a room was told the hotel was full, and then in anger he reached over the front desk then grabbed the keyboard of the computer the employee had been working at and threw it across the lobby. There was more, go ahead and google the video (TMZ has it) if you care for more details.
Davis took to twitter to apologize, but the team decided to take its pound of flesh in addition. Teams take their image seriously.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20