Nov 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Glen Davis is going to pay for his late-night tantrum at a hotel.
The Orlando Magic have fined Davis for the incident, and GM Rob Hennigan released a statement.
“We will not tolerate or condone this type of behavior. As we have stated repeatedly when a player puts on an Orlando Magic uniform, he is representing something much greater than himself. We expect our players to uphold a certain standard of conduct and character at all times.”
The incident went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando. Davis tried to book a room was told the hotel was full, and then in anger he reached over the front desk then grabbed the keyboard of the computer the employee had been working at and threw it across the lobby. There was more, go ahead and google the video (TMZ has it) if you care for more details.
Davis took to twitter to apologize, but the team decided to take its pound of flesh in addition. Teams take their image seriously.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18