Nov 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Glen Davis is going to pay for his late-night tantrum at a hotel.
The Orlando Magic have fined Davis for the incident, and GM Rob Hennigan released a statement.
“We will not tolerate or condone this type of behavior. As we have stated repeatedly when a player puts on an Orlando Magic uniform, he is representing something much greater than himself. We expect our players to uphold a certain standard of conduct and character at all times.”
The incident went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando. Davis tried to book a room was told the hotel was full, and then in anger he reached over the front desk then grabbed the keyboard of the computer the employee had been working at and threw it across the lobby. There was more, go ahead and google the video (TMZ has it) if you care for more details.
Davis took to twitter to apologize, but the team decided to take its pound of flesh in addition. Teams take their image seriously.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9