Nov 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Glen Davis is going to pay for his late-night tantrum at a hotel.
The Orlando Magic have fined Davis for the incident, and GM Rob Hennigan released a statement.
“We will not tolerate or condone this type of behavior. As we have stated repeatedly when a player puts on an Orlando Magic uniform, he is representing something much greater than himself. We expect our players to uphold a certain standard of conduct and character at all times.”
The incident went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando. Davis tried to book a room was told the hotel was full, and then in anger he reached over the front desk then grabbed the keyboard of the computer the employee had been working at and threw it across the lobby. There was more, go ahead and google the video (TMZ has it) if you care for more details.
Davis took to twitter to apologize, but the team decided to take its pound of flesh in addition. Teams take their image seriously.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90