Nov 13, 2013, 5:24 PM EST
Glen Davis is going to pay for his late-night tantrum at a hotel.
The Orlando Magic have fined Davis for the incident, and GM Rob Hennigan released a statement.
“We will not tolerate or condone this type of behavior. As we have stated repeatedly when a player puts on an Orlando Magic uniform, he is representing something much greater than himself. We expect our players to uphold a certain standard of conduct and character at all times.”
The incident went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando. Davis tried to book a room was told the hotel was full, and then in anger he reached over the front desk then grabbed the keyboard of the computer the employee had been working at and threw it across the lobby. There was more, go ahead and google the video (TMZ has it) if you care for more details.
Davis took to twitter to apologize, but the team decided to take its pound of flesh in addition. Teams take their image seriously.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 8
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 15
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3