Nov 13, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Houston’s James Harden became the first player in the NBA fined for flopping this year. It took all of just 7 games for him to get nailed twice (the first time was just a warning by the league, the second flop comes with a $5,000 slap on the wrist).
Harden wants you to know he’s no flopper — and he’s appealing the league’s fine, he told CSNHouston.com’s John Kelly.
“The first one, I really did get hit in the face,” Harden said. “I’m trying to appeal that right now. I really did get hit in the face, it was just a late reaction….
“I don’t want to be known as a flopper or a guy who is looking to get calls, that type of player,” Harden said. “That type of player I’ve never been. It was a bad call.”
Okay, let’s go to the tape.
Unfortunately there is not good video of the first flop Harden refers to, the one he is trying to appeal. Here is the best we could find. Still, it looks like a flop to me — he really sells the contact.
The second one — the one for which he was fined — is a pretty clear-cut flop.
I doubt this appeal works.
And sorry James, but whether you want to or not you’re gaining a reputation as a flopper.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33