Nov 13, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Houston’s James Harden became the first player in the NBA fined for flopping this year. It took all of just 7 games for him to get nailed twice (the first time was just a warning by the league, the second flop comes with a $5,000 slap on the wrist).
Harden wants you to know he’s no flopper — and he’s appealing the league’s fine, he told CSNHouston.com’s John Kelly.
“The first one, I really did get hit in the face,” Harden said. “I’m trying to appeal that right now. I really did get hit in the face, it was just a late reaction….
“I don’t want to be known as a flopper or a guy who is looking to get calls, that type of player,” Harden said. “That type of player I’ve never been. It was a bad call.”
Okay, let’s go to the tape.
Unfortunately there is not good video of the first flop Harden refers to, the one he is trying to appeal. Here is the best we could find. Still, it looks like a flop to me — he really sells the contact.
The second one — the one for which he was fined — is a pretty clear-cut flop.
I doubt this appeal works.
And sorry James, but whether you want to or not you’re gaining a reputation as a flopper.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 33
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 67
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31