Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tuesday night, with a couple of third quarter three pointers, Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West to move into 16th on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Consider this a little reminder we are lucky to get to watch one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game and we should savor that.
Nowitzki now has 25,197 points after getting 19 in the Dallas win over Washington Tuesday night. He wasn’t really in a groove until a fortunate bounce gave him a three in the third quarter, with which he tied West. Then he passes him on three taken from roughly Amarillo. It was fitting.
If he can stay healthy this season Nowitzki should keep moving up the ladder to about to number 10 or 11 this season. Nowitzki is simply the best European player ever and belongs on that list.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49