Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tuesday night, with a couple of third quarter three pointers, Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West to move into 16th on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Consider this a little reminder we are lucky to get to watch one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game and we should savor that.
Nowitzki now has 25,197 points after getting 19 in the Dallas win over Washington Tuesday night. He wasn’t really in a groove until a fortunate bounce gave him a three in the third quarter, with which he tied West. Then he passes him on three taken from roughly Amarillo. It was fitting.
If he can stay healthy this season Nowitzki should keep moving up the ladder to about to number 10 or 11 this season. Nowitzki is simply the best European player ever and belongs on that list.
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 20
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64