Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tuesday night, with a couple of third quarter three pointers, Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West to move into 16th on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Consider this a little reminder we are lucky to get to watch one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game and we should savor that.
Nowitzki now has 25,197 points after getting 19 in the Dallas win over Washington Tuesday night. He wasn’t really in a groove until a fortunate bounce gave him a three in the third quarter, with which he tied West. Then he passes him on three taken from roughly Amarillo. It was fitting.
If he can stay healthy this season Nowitzki should keep moving up the ladder to about to number 10 or 11 this season. Nowitzki is simply the best European player ever and belongs on that list.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50