Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Tuesday night, with a couple of third quarter three pointers, Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West to move into 16th on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Consider this a little reminder we are lucky to get to watch one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game and we should savor that.
Nowitzki now has 25,197 points after getting 19 in the Dallas win over Washington Tuesday night. He wasn’t really in a groove until a fortunate bounce gave him a three in the third quarter, with which he tied West. Then he passes him on three taken from roughly Amarillo. It was fitting.
If he can stay healthy this season Nowitzki should keep moving up the ladder to about to number 10 or 11 this season. Nowitzki is simply the best European player ever and belongs on that list.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 0
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 33
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11