Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Tuesday night, with a couple of third quarter three pointers, Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West to move into 16th on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Consider this a little reminder we are lucky to get to watch one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game and we should savor that.
Nowitzki now has 25,197 points after getting 19 in the Dallas win over Washington Tuesday night. He wasn’t really in a groove until a fortunate bounce gave him a three in the third quarter, with which he tied West. Then he passes him on three taken from roughly Amarillo. It was fitting.
If he can stay healthy this season Nowitzki should keep moving up the ladder to about to number 10 or 11 this season. Nowitzki is simply the best European player ever and belongs on that list.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 0
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 9
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 9
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18