Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Tuesday night, with a couple of third quarter three pointers, Dirk Nowitzki passed Jerry West to move into 16th on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Consider this a little reminder we are lucky to get to watch one of the greatest scorers ever to play the game and we should savor that.
Nowitzki now has 25,197 points after getting 19 in the Dallas win over Washington Tuesday night. He wasn’t really in a groove until a fortunate bounce gave him a three in the third quarter, with which he tied West. Then he passes him on three taken from roughly Amarillo. It was fitting.
If he can stay healthy this season Nowitzki should keep moving up the ladder to about to number 10 or 11 this season. Nowitzki is simply the best European player ever and belongs on that list.
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 0
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 7
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 9
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 16
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 33