Nov 12, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
This comes a night after a reports surfaced that the Pelicans would sign backup power forward Lou Amundson to a deal (that from Amundson’s agent).
Both of these guys could be playing soon (Amundson as early as Tuesday night). While the Pelicans have the max 15 players on their current roster the contract of Arinze Onuaku is not guaranteed and the one for Lance Thomas is guaranteed for only $15,000 (according to Mark Deeks at Sham Sports). Those two could be cut to make space for veterans.
Childress worked out for the Pelicans this summer and reportedly turned down a lucrative offer to return to Greece to play in the NBA. Not sure that was a wise move as he was not able to land a spot until now.
Last season Childress got into just 14 games (and scored 14 points) for Brooklyn. The former Stanford star is known for his athleticism, but he doesn’t really use it well — he has gotten to the free throw line four times in two seasons (48 games, 591 minutes). In addition in the last three seasons he is 6-of-43 from beyond the arc. He has a very limited role on any team at this point.
But he can provide depth on the wing and the Pelicans are apparently looking for that.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50