Nov 12, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
With Ryan Anderson still out with an injured toe, and that recovery going slowly, New Orleans apparently is looking for a little depth along the front line.
They are apparently are about to sign veteran forward Lou Amundson, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This will be a veteran minimum deal. Amundson brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. Last season he played 39 games with three teams last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
This isn’t a game changer for New Orleans, just a little depth.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20