Nov 12, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
With Ryan Anderson still out with an injured toe, and that recovery going slowly, New Orleans apparently is looking for a little depth along the front line.
They are apparently are about to sign veteran forward Lou Amundson, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This will be a veteran minimum deal. Amundson brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. Last season he played 39 games with three teams last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
This isn’t a game changer for New Orleans, just a little depth.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 4
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13