Nov 12, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
With Ryan Anderson still out with an injured toe, and that recovery going slowly, New Orleans apparently is looking for a little depth along the front line.
They are apparently are about to sign veteran forward Lou Amundson, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This will be a veteran minimum deal. Amundson brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. Last season he played 39 games with three teams last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
This isn’t a game changer for New Orleans, just a little depth.
- Down 13 Rockets finally play with desperation, come back to beat Clippers, even series 1-1 3
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 11
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4