Nov 12, 2013, 12:24 AM EDT
With Ryan Anderson still out with an injured toe, and that recovery going slowly, New Orleans apparently is looking for a little depth along the front line.
They are apparently are about to sign veteran forward Lou Amundson, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
Heard rumble tonight Pels on verge of re-signing Lou Amundson; agent Mark Bartelstein just confirmed vet F indeed headed back to New Orleans—
Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) November 12, 2013
This will be a veteran minimum deal. Amundson brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. Last season he played 39 games with three teams last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
This isn’t a game changer for New Orleans, just a little depth.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 16
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 20
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2