Nov 12, 2013, 12:24 AM EST
With Ryan Anderson still out with an injured toe, and that recovery going slowly, New Orleans apparently is looking for a little depth along the front line.
They are apparently are about to sign veteran forward Lou Amundson, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.
This will be a veteran minimum deal. Amundson brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. Last season he played 39 games with three teams last season.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
This isn’t a game changer for New Orleans, just a little depth.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17