Nov 12, 2013, 10:05 AM EST
Lance Stephenson has really stepped up his game this season and Monday night put up a triple-double (13 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds) with Tony Allen covering him a chunk of the night. That Memphis chose to stick arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA on him speaks to how well Stephenson is playing right now.
He also picked up this taunting technical… which is not even close to what should be called a taunting tech. That was a ball fake to me. Referee Josh Tiven was close to the play with a very quick trigger.
For comparison, remember Kevin Garnett did not get a technical for this:
(Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video)
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 6
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 14
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5