Nov 12, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Lance Stephenson has really stepped up his game this season and Monday night put up a triple-double (13 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds) with Tony Allen covering him a chunk of the night. That Memphis chose to stick arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA on him speaks to how well Stephenson is playing right now.
He also picked up this taunting technical… which is not even close to what should be called a taunting tech. That was a ball fake to me. Referee Josh Tiven was close to the play with a very quick trigger.
For comparison, remember Kevin Garnett did not get a technical for this:
(Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video)
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 5
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 8
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 13
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 20
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 13