Nov 12, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Lance Stephenson has really stepped up his game this season and Monday night put up a triple-double (13 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds) with Tony Allen covering him a chunk of the night. That Memphis chose to stick arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA on him speaks to how well Stephenson is playing right now.
He also picked up this taunting technical… which is not even close to what should be called a taunting tech. That was a ball fake to me. Referee Josh Tiven was close to the play with a very quick trigger.
For comparison, remember Kevin Garnett did not get a technical for this:
(Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video)
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 6
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18