Nov 12, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Lance Stephenson has really stepped up his game this season and Monday night put up a triple-double (13 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds) with Tony Allen covering him a chunk of the night. That Memphis chose to stick arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA on him speaks to how well Stephenson is playing right now.
He also picked up this taunting technical… which is not even close to what should be called a taunting tech. That was a ball fake to me. Referee Josh Tiven was close to the play with a very quick trigger.
For comparison, remember Kevin Garnett did not get a technical for this:
(Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video)
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 11
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 50
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11