Nov 12, 2013, 10:05 AM EDT
Lance Stephenson has really stepped up his game this season and Monday night put up a triple-double (13 points, 12 assists, 10 rebounds) with Tony Allen covering him a chunk of the night. That Memphis chose to stick arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA on him speaks to how well Stephenson is playing right now.
He also picked up this taunting technical… which is not even close to what should be called a taunting tech. That was a ball fake to me. Referee Josh Tiven was close to the play with a very quick trigger.
For comparison, remember Kevin Garnett did not get a technical for this:
(Hat tip to The Point Forward at SI for the video)
- With lower-than-expected salary cap, will Rockets and Pelicans still complete Omer Asik trade? 8
- Reports: LeBron James and agent done meeting with teams 67
- Rockets can’t keep Dwight Howard, James Harden and Chandler Parsons and give Chris Bosh max contract 44
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 32
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 85
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 39
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 30
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 50