Nov 12, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
The postgame interview session can often be tedious for star players, especially coming after a close loss when they’re not really in the mood to deal with any nonsense.
After the Timberwolves dropped a close one to the Clippers on Monday, Kevin Love found himself in this familiar situation.
Many times and for various reasons, reporters won’t pose an actual question to a player — they’ll ask them to “talk about” something that happened during the game (usually to fill in a quote for an already-written column or game story), or they’ll simply utter a statement about something that happened hoping to get the player to be more conversational in giving their response.
Plenty of players have cliches for days ready for these situations, but Love is usually pretty good in terms of giving thoughtful responses to postgame questions. So the fact that he chose not to respond to a statement before reasonably declaring, “That wasn’t a question” is more an indication of his willingness to engage, rather than him being intentionally obstinate.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2