Nov 12, 2013, 9:04 PM EST
The postgame interview session can often be tedious for star players, especially coming after a close loss when they’re not really in the mood to deal with any nonsense.
After the Timberwolves dropped a close one to the Clippers on Monday, Kevin Love found himself in this familiar situation.
Many times and for various reasons, reporters won’t pose an actual question to a player — they’ll ask them to “talk about” something that happened during the game (usually to fill in a quote for an already-written column or game story), or they’ll simply utter a statement about something that happened hoping to get the player to be more conversational in giving their response.
Plenty of players have cliches for days ready for these situations, but Love is usually pretty good in terms of giving thoughtful responses to postgame questions. So the fact that he chose not to respond to a statement before reasonably declaring, “That wasn’t a question” is more an indication of his willingness to engage, rather than him being intentionally obstinate.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9