Nov 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Harlem Globetrotters were really traveling the globe, putting on a show in Honduras, when the incident above occurred (put on the Web by the Globetrotters themselves).
After a few passes against the usually stellar defense they face, Globetrotter Bull Bullard goes up for the dunk and throws it down, then does a little pull-up on the rim….
And the whole basket — stantion and all — comes crashing down and almost on Bullard’s head. Bullard is reportedly okay although he sat out the rest of the game (which continued once the glass was cleaned up and a new basket was put in place). Still, frightening.
Hat tip to Dime Magazine.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 5
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9