Nov 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
The Harlem Globetrotters were really traveling the globe, putting on a show in Honduras, when the incident above occurred (put on the Web by the Globetrotters themselves).
After a few passes against the usually stellar defense they face, Globetrotter Bull Bullard goes up for the dunk and throws it down, then does a little pull-up on the rim….
And the whole basket — stantion and all — comes crashing down and almost on Bullard’s head. Bullard is reportedly okay although he sat out the rest of the game (which continued once the glass was cleaned up and a new basket was put in place). Still, frightening.
Hat tip to Dime Magazine.
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 1
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 9
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 21
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18