Nov 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Harlem Globetrotters were really traveling the globe, putting on a show in Honduras, when the incident above occurred (put on the Web by the Globetrotters themselves).
After a few passes against the usually stellar defense they face, Globetrotter Bull Bullard goes up for the dunk and throws it down, then does a little pull-up on the rim….
And the whole basket — stantion and all — comes crashing down and almost on Bullard’s head. Bullard is reportedly okay although he sat out the rest of the game (which continued once the glass was cleaned up and a new basket was put in place). Still, frightening.
Hat tip to Dime Magazine.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4