Nov 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Harlem Globetrotters were really traveling the globe, putting on a show in Honduras, when the incident above occurred (put on the Web by the Globetrotters themselves).
After a few passes against the usually stellar defense they face, Globetrotter Bull Bullard goes up for the dunk and throws it down, then does a little pull-up on the rim….
And the whole basket — stantion and all — comes crashing down and almost on Bullard’s head. Bullard is reportedly okay although he sat out the rest of the game (which continued once the glass was cleaned up and a new basket was put in place). Still, frightening.
Hat tip to Dime Magazine.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 28
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 51
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 16
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10