Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
As a general rule of thumb for NBA players, if you end up on TMZ with a headline that involves the word “meltdown” you screwed up.
Glen Davis of the Orlando Magic screwed up Friday night after the Magic lost to the Celtics. Big Baby, who has been out all season with a foot injury, tried to get a hotel room and… we’ll let TMZ tell the story.
It all went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando, FL — when the 27-year-old tried to book a room with the front desk and was told the place was sold out.
Glen — clearly frustrated — reached over the front desk and grabbed a keyboard, which he proceeded to rip from the front desk computer and throw across the lobby. Davis then stormed out of the motel in anger.
Of course there is video of the tantrum (I’m not running it, look it up for yourself). The police were called and while a report was filed there was no arrest or charges.
On Tuesday, Davis took to twitter to apologize.
My thought: Travelodge? He’s making $6.4 million this season. Maybe I’m missing something but… Travelodge?
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18