Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
As a general rule of thumb for NBA players, if you end up on TMZ with a headline that involves the word “meltdown” you screwed up.
Glen Davis of the Orlando Magic screwed up Friday night after the Magic lost to the Celtics. Big Baby, who has been out all season with a foot injury, tried to get a hotel room and… we’ll let TMZ tell the story.
It all went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando, FL — when the 27-year-old tried to book a room with the front desk and was told the place was sold out.
Glen — clearly frustrated — reached over the front desk and grabbed a keyboard, which he proceeded to rip from the front desk computer and throw across the lobby. Davis then stormed out of the motel in anger.
Of course there is video of the tantrum (I’m not running it, look it up for yourself). The police were called and while a report was filed there was no arrest or charges.
On Tuesday, Davis took to twitter to apologize.
My thought: Travelodge? He’s making $6.4 million this season. Maybe I’m missing something but… Travelodge?
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15