Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
As a general rule of thumb for NBA players, if you end up on TMZ with a headline that involves the word “meltdown” you screwed up.
Glen Davis of the Orlando Magic screwed up Friday night after the Magic lost to the Celtics. Big Baby, who has been out all season with a foot injury, tried to get a hotel room and… we’ll let TMZ tell the story.
It all went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando, FL — when the 27-year-old tried to book a room with the front desk and was told the place was sold out.
Glen — clearly frustrated — reached over the front desk and grabbed a keyboard, which he proceeded to rip from the front desk computer and throw across the lobby. Davis then stormed out of the motel in anger.
Of course there is video of the tantrum (I’m not running it, look it up for yourself). The police were called and while a report was filed there was no arrest or charges.
On Tuesday, Davis took to twitter to apologize.
My thought: Travelodge? He’s making $6.4 million this season. Maybe I’m missing something but… Travelodge?
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 15
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 3
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 2
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10