Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
As a general rule of thumb for NBA players, if you end up on TMZ with a headline that involves the word “meltdown” you screwed up.
Glen Davis of the Orlando Magic screwed up Friday night after the Magic lost to the Celtics. Big Baby, who has been out all season with a foot injury, tried to get a hotel room and… we’ll let TMZ tell the story.
It all went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando, FL — when the 27-year-old tried to book a room with the front desk and was told the place was sold out.
Glen — clearly frustrated — reached over the front desk and grabbed a keyboard, which he proceeded to rip from the front desk computer and throw across the lobby. Davis then stormed out of the motel in anger.
Of course there is video of the tantrum (I’m not running it, look it up for yourself). The police were called and while a report was filed there was no arrest or charges.
On Tuesday, Davis took to twitter to apologize.
My thought: Travelodge? He’s making $6.4 million this season. Maybe I’m missing something but… Travelodge?
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 5
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36