Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
As a general rule of thumb for NBA players, if you end up on TMZ with a headline that involves the word “meltdown” you screwed up.
Glen Davis of the Orlando Magic screwed up Friday night after the Magic lost to the Celtics. Big Baby, who has been out all season with a foot injury, tried to get a hotel room and… we’ll let TMZ tell the story.
It all went down early Saturday morning at a Travelodge in Orlando, FL — when the 27-year-old tried to book a room with the front desk and was told the place was sold out.
Glen — clearly frustrated — reached over the front desk and grabbed a keyboard, which he proceeded to rip from the front desk computer and throw across the lobby. Davis then stormed out of the motel in anger.
Of course there is video of the tantrum (I’m not running it, look it up for yourself). The police were called and while a report was filed there was no arrest or charges.
On Tuesday, Davis took to twitter to apologize.
My thought: Travelodge? He’s making $6.4 million this season. Maybe I’m missing something but… Travelodge?
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13