Nov 12, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
During the Celtics run the past four games to the top of the Atlantic Division (that it only takes four games speaks volumes about that division right now) Jared Sullinger has played well off the bench. On the season he is averaging 11.3 points a game.
But he took a hard charge Monday night against the Magic, which led to getting an MRI on his knee, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
The results are back and it is a bone bruise, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. This is not serious, Blakely says.
The injury doesn’t appear to be one that will sideline him for an extended period of time, but “we just want to make sure,” said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.
Boston plays Wednesday night against Charlotte and he could miss that one, then has a back-to-back at home against Portland and Minnesota Friday and Saturday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
If Sullinger does not play, expect to see some Kris Humphries, who has had a limited role with Boston as they try to build up their younger players.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 63
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10