Nov 12, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
During the Celtics run the past four games to the top of the Atlantic Division (that it only takes four games speaks volumes about that division right now) Jared Sullinger has played well off the bench. On the season he is averaging 11.3 points a game.
But he took a hard charge Monday night against the Magic, which led to getting an MRI on his knee, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
The results are back and it is a bone bruise, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. This is not serious, Blakely says.
The injury doesn’t appear to be one that will sideline him for an extended period of time, but “we just want to make sure,” said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.
Boston plays Wednesday night against Charlotte and he could miss that one, then has a back-to-back at home against Portland and Minnesota Friday and Saturday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
If Sullinger does not play, expect to see some Kris Humphries, who has had a limited role with Boston as they try to build up their younger players.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 68
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32