Nov 12, 2013, 6:46 PM EDT
During the Celtics run the past four games to the top of the Atlantic Division (that it only takes four games speaks volumes about that division right now) Jared Sullinger has played well off the bench. On the season he is averaging 11.3 points a game.
But he took a hard charge Monday night against the Magic, which led to getting an MRI on his knee, reports A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.
The results are back and it is a bone bruise, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. This is not serious, Blakely says.
The injury doesn’t appear to be one that will sideline him for an extended period of time, but “we just want to make sure,” said Celtics head coach Brad Stevens.
Boston plays Wednesday night against Charlotte and he could miss that one, then has a back-to-back at home against Portland and Minnesota Friday and Saturday.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET. Here’s the link.
If Sullinger does not play, expect to see some Kris Humphries, who has had a limited role with Boston as they try to build up their younger players.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 2
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 2
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 29
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40