Nov 12, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum started his first game of the season Monday night, playing 20 minutes and scoring 11 points and 3-of-5 shooting, with six rebounds. In a sign of what he means to this team defensively he was a -1 on a night the Cavaliers lost to the Bulls by 15 (he had the best +/- of a guy who didn’t just play garbage time for Cleveland).
Now he will miss the next two games.
But fear not Cavaliers fans, it’s not because of injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been excused from the team until Saturday in order to attend to a personal, family matter.
No it’s not injury related. It’s not tied to his comments about having considered retirement. It’s life getting in the way of basketball and that happens at times.
He probably shouldn’t go bowling the next few days, however. He is expected to be back saturday when he Cavaliers take on the Wizards.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 19
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 51
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18