Nov 12, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum started his first game of the season Monday night, playing 20 minutes and scoring 11 points and 3-of-5 shooting, with six rebounds. In a sign of what he means to this team defensively he was a -1 on a night the Cavaliers lost to the Bulls by 15 (he had the best +/- of a guy who didn’t just play garbage time for Cleveland).
Now he will miss the next two games.
But fear not Cavaliers fans, it’s not because of injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been excused from the team until Saturday in order to attend to a personal, family matter.
No it’s not injury related. It’s not tied to his comments about having considered retirement. It’s life getting in the way of basketball and that happens at times.
He probably shouldn’t go bowling the next few days, however. He is expected to be back saturday when he Cavaliers take on the Wizards.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 40
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 39
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6