Nov 12, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
Andrew Bynum started his first game of the season Monday night, playing 20 minutes and scoring 11 points and 3-of-5 shooting, with six rebounds. In a sign of what he means to this team defensively he was a -1 on a night the Cavaliers lost to the Bulls by 15 (he had the best +/- of a guy who didn’t just play garbage time for Cleveland).
Now he will miss the next two games.
But fear not Cavaliers fans, it’s not because of injury, reports the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been excused from the team until Saturday in order to attend to a personal, family matter.
No it’s not injury related. It’s not tied to his comments about having considered retirement. It’s life getting in the way of basketball and that happens at times.
He probably shouldn’t go bowling the next few days, however. He is expected to be back saturday when he Cavaliers take on the Wizards.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37