Nov 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EST
Louisville’s Kevin Ware suffered about the most gruesome injury can suffer on the court. On national television in the Elite Eight against Duke, he went down with a bone-sticking-out-through-the-skin injury that was horrific.
He is back playing with Louisville this season, he was playing in the Cardinal’s first game against NAIA University of Pikeville and he hit a couple threes.
Sunday he was on ESPN for an interview during SportsCenter, and when asked who had reached out to him he quickly said Kobe Bryant. Somebody going through rehab of his own (an Achilles Tendon). You can see the video below, the question is at the 1:!2 mark.
“We actually made a bet, whoever comes back first has got to come to each other’s game, so I got to get in touch with him again so he can make it to a game.”
Kobe is working out but there is still no timetable for his return.
A bet is a bet Kobe, time for you to swing by Louisville and catch a game.
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 0
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 9
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6