Nov 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
Louisville’s Kevin Ware suffered about the most gruesome injury can suffer on the court. On national television in the Elite Eight against Duke, he went down with a bone-sticking-out-through-the-skin injury that was horrific.
He is back playing with Louisville this season, he was playing in the Cardinal’s first game against NAIA University of Pikeville and he hit a couple threes.
Sunday he was on ESPN for an interview during SportsCenter, and when asked who had reached out to him he quickly said Kobe Bryant. Somebody going through rehab of his own (an Achilles Tendon). You can see the video below, the question is at the 1:!2 mark.
“We actually made a bet, whoever comes back first has got to come to each other’s game, so I got to get in touch with him again so he can make it to a game.”
Kobe is working out but there is still no timetable for his return.
A bet is a bet Kobe, time for you to swing by Louisville and catch a game.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14