Nov 11, 2013, 4:17 PM EDT
Louisville’s Kevin Ware suffered about the most gruesome injury can suffer on the court. On national television in the Elite Eight against Duke, he went down with a bone-sticking-out-through-the-skin injury that was horrific.
He is back playing with Louisville this season, he was playing in the Cardinal’s first game against NAIA University of Pikeville and he hit a couple threes.
Sunday he was on ESPN for an interview during SportsCenter, and when asked who had reached out to him he quickly said Kobe Bryant. Somebody going through rehab of his own (an Achilles Tendon). You can see the video below, the question is at the 1:!2 mark.
“We actually made a bet, whoever comes back first has got to come to each other’s game, so I got to get in touch with him again so he can make it to a game.”
Kobe is working out but there is still no timetable for his return.
A bet is a bet Kobe, time for you to swing by Louisville and catch a game.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13