Nov 11, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Monday he had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb suffered in that incident and he will now be out about six weeks, something the team announced.
Sanders got a new four-year, $44 million deal from the Bucks this summer, an extension of his rookie deal. They talked about him as a cornerstone defensive anchor for the team.
It hasn’t gone that way. Sanders had previously expressed his frustration at his limited minutes under new coach Larry Drew, but this certainly is not helping his cause. Zaza Pachulia was getting the minutes at the five but he is not 100 percent now — Sanders could have proved he deserved the run, but he’s not in a position to do it.
“For everyone I let down, I’m going to get better, going to be better. I’m going to get better at this, on and off the court. I’m going to come back better. I just thank everyone for their concerns and being patient with me.”
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7