Nov 11, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
Monday he had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb suffered in that incident and he will now be out about six weeks, something the team announced.
Sanders got a new four-year, $44 million deal from the Bucks this summer, an extension of his rookie deal. They talked about him as a cornerstone defensive anchor for the team.
It hasn’t gone that way. Sanders had previously expressed his frustration at his limited minutes under new coach Larry Drew, but this certainly is not helping his cause. Zaza Pachulia was getting the minutes at the five but he is not 100 percent now — Sanders could have proved he deserved the run, but he’s not in a position to do it.
“For everyone I let down, I’m going to get better, going to be better. I’m going to get better at this, on and off the court. I’m going to come back better. I just thank everyone for their concerns and being patient with me.”
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40