Nov 11, 2013, 7:49 PM EDT
Monday he had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb suffered in that incident and he will now be out about six weeks, something the team announced.
Sanders got a new four-year, $44 million deal from the Bucks this summer, an extension of his rookie deal. They talked about him as a cornerstone defensive anchor for the team.
It hasn’t gone that way. Sanders had previously expressed his frustration at his limited minutes under new coach Larry Drew, but this certainly is not helping his cause. Zaza Pachulia was getting the minutes at the five but he is not 100 percent now — Sanders could have proved he deserved the run, but he’s not in a position to do it.
“For everyone I let down, I’m going to get better, going to be better. I’m going to get better at this, on and off the court. I’m going to come back better. I just thank everyone for their concerns and being patient with me.”
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 3
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 2
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 21
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 7