Nov 11, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Monday he had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb suffered in that incident and he will now be out about six weeks, something the team announced.
Sanders got a new four-year, $44 million deal from the Bucks this summer, an extension of his rookie deal. They talked about him as a cornerstone defensive anchor for the team.
It hasn’t gone that way. Sanders had previously expressed his frustration at his limited minutes under new coach Larry Drew, but this certainly is not helping his cause. Zaza Pachulia was getting the minutes at the five but he is not 100 percent now — Sanders could have proved he deserved the run, but he’s not in a position to do it.
“For everyone I let down, I’m going to get better, going to be better. I’m going to get better at this, on and off the court. I’m going to come back better. I just thank everyone for their concerns and being patient with me.”
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6