Nov 11, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Monday he had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb suffered in that incident and he will now be out about six weeks, something the team announced.
Sanders got a new four-year, $44 million deal from the Bucks this summer, an extension of his rookie deal. They talked about him as a cornerstone defensive anchor for the team.
It hasn’t gone that way. Sanders had previously expressed his frustration at his limited minutes under new coach Larry Drew, but this certainly is not helping his cause. Zaza Pachulia was getting the minutes at the five but he is not 100 percent now — Sanders could have proved he deserved the run, but he’s not in a position to do it.
“For everyone I let down, I’m going to get better, going to be better. I’m going to get better at this, on and off the court. I’m going to come back better. I just thank everyone for their concerns and being patient with me.”
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 3
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11