Nov 11, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Catch-and-shoot threes? Check. Creating your own shot on the perimeter? Check. Leaners? Check.
Hot hand? Check.
If there is such a thing as a hot hand Bradley Beal had it most of Sunday night as he outscored Kevin Durant on his way to a career-best 34 points on 13-of-23 shooting and 6-of-8 from three. Beal had the jumper working and was hot all over the floor (except in the paint where he was just 2-of-5). He was hitting clutch shots and making plays.
Well, until the final play of regulation when he had a chance to ice the game and missed a floater in the paint. Oklahoma City won overtime.
Still, more nights like this from Beal will bring some wins to Washington.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11