Nov 11, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Catch-and-shoot threes? Check. Creating your own shot on the perimeter? Check. Leaners? Check.
Hot hand? Check.
If there is such a thing as a hot hand Bradley Beal had it most of Sunday night as he outscored Kevin Durant on his way to a career-best 34 points on 13-of-23 shooting and 6-of-8 from three. Beal had the jumper working and was hot all over the floor (except in the paint where he was just 2-of-5). He was hitting clutch shots and making plays.
Well, until the final play of regulation when he had a chance to ice the game and missed a floater in the paint. Oklahoma City won overtime.
Still, more nights like this from Beal will bring some wins to Washington.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 0
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 41
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 67
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16