Nov 11, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Catch-and-shoot threes? Check. Creating your own shot on the perimeter? Check. Leaners? Check.
Hot hand? Check.
If there is such a thing as a hot hand Bradley Beal had it most of Sunday night as he outscored Kevin Durant on his way to a career-best 34 points on 13-of-23 shooting and 6-of-8 from three. Beal had the jumper working and was hot all over the floor (except in the paint where he was just 2-of-5). He was hitting clutch shots and making plays.
Well, until the final play of regulation when he had a chance to ice the game and missed a floater in the paint. Oklahoma City won overtime.
Still, more nights like this from Beal will bring some wins to Washington.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 5
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 30
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21