Nov 11, 2013, 9:35 AM EDT
Catch-and-shoot threes? Check. Creating your own shot on the perimeter? Check. Leaners? Check.
Hot hand? Check.
If there is such a thing as a hot hand Bradley Beal had it most of Sunday night as he outscored Kevin Durant on his way to a career-best 34 points on 13-of-23 shooting and 6-of-8 from three. Beal had the jumper working and was hot all over the floor (except in the paint where he was just 2-of-5). He was hitting clutch shots and making plays.
Well, until the final play of regulation when he had a chance to ice the game and missed a floater in the paint. Oklahoma City won overtime.
Still, more nights like this from Beal will bring some wins to Washington.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 29
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5