Nov 11, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
Catch-and-shoot threes? Check. Creating your own shot on the perimeter? Check. Leaners? Check.
Hot hand? Check.
If there is such a thing as a hot hand Bradley Beal had it most of Sunday night as he outscored Kevin Durant on his way to a career-best 34 points on 13-of-23 shooting and 6-of-8 from three. Beal had the jumper working and was hot all over the floor (except in the paint where he was just 2-of-5). He was hitting clutch shots and making plays.
Well, until the final play of regulation when he had a chance to ice the game and missed a floater in the paint. Oklahoma City won overtime.
Still, more nights like this from Beal will bring some wins to Washington.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 3
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 10
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 18
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30