Nov 10, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Russell Westbrook and Nene had a run in earlier in the Thunder/Wizards game Sunday night — Nene blocked a Westbrook shot, talked a lot of smack, walked up to do more and the refs went with the lame double technical.
Then the incident happened late in the fourth quarter — Westbrook recklessly charged into the lane as he is wont to do, Al Harrington stood his ground and got the charge, and Harrington went to the ground with Westbrook over him. Then Nene shoved Westbrook to get him off the top of Harrington, knocking Westbrook down, so Nene could help his teammate up. An angry Westbrook got up and shoved Nene back.
Both got technicals and ejected.
Both can likely expect a league mandated vacation night for this incident (or at least some healthy fines).
Without Westbrook Kevin Durant led a comeback to send the game to overtime, then the Thunder found a way to win 106-105 in OT.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14