Nov 10, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
Russell Westbrook and Nene had a run in earlier in the Thunder/Wizards game Sunday night — Nene blocked a Westbrook shot, talked a lot of smack, walked up to do more and the refs went with the lame double technical.
Then the incident happened late in the fourth quarter — Westbrook recklessly charged into the lane as he is wont to do, Al Harrington stood his ground and got the charge, and Harrington went to the ground with Westbrook over him. Then Nene shoved Westbrook to get him off the top of Harrington, knocking Westbrook down, so Nene could help his teammate up. An angry Westbrook got up and shoved Nene back.
Both got technicals and ejected.
Both can likely expect a league mandated vacation night for this incident (or at least some healthy fines).
Without Westbrook Kevin Durant led a comeback to send the game to overtime, then the Thunder found a way to win 106-105 in OT.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 21
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11