Nov 10, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Russell Westbrook and Nene had a run in earlier in the Thunder/Wizards game Sunday night — Nene blocked a Westbrook shot, talked a lot of smack, walked up to do more and the refs went with the lame double technical.
Then the incident happened late in the fourth quarter — Westbrook recklessly charged into the lane as he is wont to do, Al Harrington stood his ground and got the charge, and Harrington went to the ground with Westbrook over him. Then Nene shoved Westbrook to get him off the top of Harrington, knocking Westbrook down, so Nene could help his teammate up. An angry Westbrook got up and shoved Nene back.
Both got technicals and ejected.
Both can likely expect a league mandated vacation night for this incident (or at least some healthy fines).
Without Westbrook Kevin Durant led a comeback to send the game to overtime, then the Thunder found a way to win 106-105 in OT.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90