Nov 10, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
Russell Westbrook and Nene had a run in earlier in the Thunder/Wizards game Sunday night — Nene blocked a Westbrook shot, talked a lot of smack, walked up to do more and the refs went with the lame double technical.
Then the incident happened late in the fourth quarter — Westbrook recklessly charged into the lane as he is wont to do, Al Harrington stood his ground and got the charge, and Harrington went to the ground with Westbrook over him. Then Nene shoved Westbrook to get him off the top of Harrington, knocking Westbrook down, so Nene could help his teammate up. An angry Westbrook got up and shoved Nene back.
Both got technicals and ejected.
Both can likely expect a league mandated vacation night for this incident (or at least some healthy fines).
Without Westbrook Kevin Durant led a comeback to send the game to overtime, then the Thunder found a way to win 106-105 in OT.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59