Nov 10, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Nuggets have struggled their way to a 1-4 start to the season, and things just got worse with the loss of one of the team’s starting big men.
— Denver Nuggets (@denvernuggets) November 10, 2013
McGee logged just over 12 minutes during Denver’s loss in Phoenix on Friday, after which head coach Brian Shaw let his frustration be known with what he called a lack of energy from some of his core players.
After coming off the bench for all 79 of his appearances last year, McGee has started all five games this season. He’s averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots in just 15.8 minutes per game.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20