Nov 10, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Nuggets have struggled their way to a 1-4 start to the season, and things just got worse with the loss of one of the team’s starting big men.
— Denver Nuggets (@denvernuggets) November 10, 2013
McGee logged just over 12 minutes during Denver’s loss in Phoenix on Friday, after which head coach Brian Shaw let his frustration be known with what he called a lack of energy from some of his core players.
After coming off the bench for all 79 of his appearances last year, McGee has started all five games this season. He’s averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots in just 15.8 minutes per game.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 65
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 14
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32