Nov 10, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Nuggets have struggled their way to a 1-4 start to the season, and things just got worse with the loss of one of the team’s starting big men.
— Denver Nuggets (@denvernuggets) November 10, 2013
McGee logged just over 12 minutes during Denver’s loss in Phoenix on Friday, after which head coach Brian Shaw let his frustration be known with what he called a lack of energy from some of his core players.
After coming off the bench for all 79 of his appearances last year, McGee has started all five games this season. He’s averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots in just 15.8 minutes per game.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43