Nov 10, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
The Nuggets have struggled their way to a 1-4 start to the season, and things just got worse with the loss of one of the team’s starting big men.
— Denver Nuggets (@denvernuggets) November 10, 2013
McGee logged just over 12 minutes during Denver’s loss in Phoenix on Friday, after which head coach Brian Shaw let his frustration be known with what he called a lack of energy from some of his core players.
After coming off the bench for all 79 of his appearances last year, McGee has started all five games this season. He’s averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots in just 15.8 minutes per game.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 37