Nov 10, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Dwight Howard attempted to make a statement early in his team’s contest against the Clippers on Saturday, coming over to help defensively and swatting Blake Griffin‘s shot attempt deep into the stands.
It was an intimidation move by Howard and not a smart one, because keeping the ball in play or deflecting it to a teammate would ultimately have had a more positive overall effect. But it was a highlight play nonetheless, even if the game’s ultimate outcome wasn’t as similarly pleasing to those pulling for the Rockets.
The Clippers came back from a nine-point halftime deficit to outscore Houston 61-39 over the final two periods, and L.A. came away with its second double digit victory over Houston in the past five days.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32