Nov 10, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Dwight Howard attempted to make a statement early in his team’s contest against the Clippers on Saturday, coming over to help defensively and swatting Blake Griffin‘s shot attempt deep into the stands.
It was an intimidation move by Howard and not a smart one, because keeping the ball in play or deflecting it to a teammate would ultimately have had a more positive overall effect. But it was a highlight play nonetheless, even if the game’s ultimate outcome wasn’t as similarly pleasing to those pulling for the Rockets.
The Clippers came back from a nine-point halftime deficit to outscore Houston 61-39 over the final two periods, and L.A. came away with its second double digit victory over Houston in the past five days.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 24
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 11
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 5
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0