Nov 9, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
A healthy Kevin Love was expected to make a world of difference for the Timberwolves this season, and through the first six games that’s been exactly what’s happened.
Minnesota is off to a 4-2 start to the season, and Love’s dominance in multiple statistical categories is a big reason why.
Love’s numbers aren’t just great or above average, however. To this point in the young season, they’ve been historically remarkable.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Love is the fourth player since 1954-55 to have 30-plus points, 15-plus rebounds, 8-plus assists in a game in which he played less than 35 minutes (he played 34:39).
- Love is one of four players in NBA history to record 30-plus points, 15-plus rebounds, eight-plus assists and 3 3-pointers in a game. The others are Vince Carter, Larry Bird and Dirk Nowitzki.
- Love is the first player in NBA history with 160 points, 80 rebounds and 30 assists in his first six games of the season, via Elias.
- Love is the first player in NBA history to average 27 points, 14 rebounds and five assists through six games.
- Love is the first player to have 30 points and 15 rebounds three times in his first six games since Hakeem Olajuwon in 1988-89.
Pretty incredible stuff here, and Timberwolves fans will just hope he stays anywhere near this level of production over the course of the season, after seeing Love play in just 18 games a year ago due to injury.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70