Nov 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
It seems as though the league has been cracking down on flopping a little bit more than it did a season ago, at least through this campaign’s first couple of weeks.
The offending play occurred in the second quarter of the Knicks’ win over the Bobcats on Friday, and despite the aggressive nature of the swinging elbow from Gerald Henderson and Shumpert’s close proximity, no contact was made, so the exaggerated response from Shumpert qualifies as a legitimate violation.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9