Nov 9, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
It seems as though the league has been cracking down on flopping a little bit more than it did a season ago, at least through this campaign’s first couple of weeks.
The offending play occurred in the second quarter of the Knicks’ win over the Bobcats on Friday, and despite the aggressive nature of the swinging elbow from Gerald Henderson and Shumpert’s close proximity, no contact was made, so the exaggerated response from Shumpert qualifies as a legitimate violation.
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19