Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
When this happened we told you Vince Carter could expect a league-mandated vacation, and that has come to pass.
Dallas’ Carter has been suspended one game for throwing an intentional elbow to the head of Oklahoma City rookie Steven Adams. Carter will be out Friday night when the Mavericks take on the Timberwolves
Carter was ejected for the third quarter Wednesday night for the play you see above. Adams caught Carter with an inadvertent elbow while pulling down an offensive rebound, and Carter responded with an intentional elbow to the Adams’ head. Pretty cut and dried. Everyone knew the suspension was coming, not even Mark Cuban will argue this one.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28