Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
When this happened we told you Vince Carter could expect a league-mandated vacation, and that has come to pass.
Dallas’ Carter has been suspended one game for throwing an intentional elbow to the head of Oklahoma City rookie Steven Adams. Carter will be out Friday night when the Mavericks take on the Timberwolves
Carter was ejected for the third quarter Wednesday night for the play you see above. Adams caught Carter with an inadvertent elbow while pulling down an offensive rebound, and Carter responded with an intentional elbow to the Adams’ head. Pretty cut and dried. Everyone knew the suspension was coming, not even Mark Cuban will argue this one.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61