Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
When this happened we told you Vince Carter could expect a league-mandated vacation, and that has come to pass.
Dallas’ Carter has been suspended one game for throwing an intentional elbow to the head of Oklahoma City rookie Steven Adams. Carter will be out Friday night when the Mavericks take on the Timberwolves
Carter was ejected for the third quarter Wednesday night for the play you see above. Adams caught Carter with an inadvertent elbow while pulling down an offensive rebound, and Carter responded with an intentional elbow to the Adams’ head. Pretty cut and dried. Everyone knew the suspension was coming, not even Mark Cuban will argue this one.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10