Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
When this happened we told you Vince Carter could expect a league-mandated vacation, and that has come to pass.
Dallas’ Carter has been suspended one game for throwing an intentional elbow to the head of Oklahoma City rookie Steven Adams. Carter will be out Friday night when the Mavericks take on the Timberwolves
Carter was ejected for the third quarter Wednesday night for the play you see above. Adams caught Carter with an inadvertent elbow while pulling down an offensive rebound, and Carter responded with an intentional elbow to the Adams’ head. Pretty cut and dried. Everyone knew the suspension was coming, not even Mark Cuban will argue this one.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29