Nov 8, 2013, 11:44 AM EST
When this happened we told you Vince Carter could expect a league-mandated vacation, and that has come to pass.
Dallas’ Carter has been suspended one game for throwing an intentional elbow to the head of Oklahoma City rookie Steven Adams. Carter will be out Friday night when the Mavericks take on the Timberwolves
Carter was ejected for the third quarter Wednesday night for the play you see above. Adams caught Carter with an inadvertent elbow while pulling down an offensive rebound, and Carter responded with an intentional elbow to the Adams’ head. Pretty cut and dried. Everyone knew the suspension was coming, not even Mark Cuban will argue this one.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 4
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22