Nov 8, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
While the narrative will be about the revenge of the Lakers on Dwight Howard, that’s not what really decided the Lakers 99-98 win.
This game was about the backcourt: The Rockets starting guards were 10-of-34 shooting (29 percent), which falls short of the 38 percent the Lakers backcourt shot, but neither team was impressive.
However in the end Steve Blake hit the game winner. He was 4-of-6 from beyond the arc on the night so Mike D’Antoni set up a play where Steve Nash or Blake was to spring out, the guy who was open got the rock and the shot. Blake sprung out and got a clean look before Howard could close (it wasn’t his guy) and the rest is the 99-98 Lakers win. Great pass by Jodie Meeks, but Blake hit the shot.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40