Nov 8, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
While the narrative will be about the revenge of the Lakers on Dwight Howard, that’s not what really decided the Lakers 99-98 win.
This game was about the backcourt: The Rockets starting guards were 10-of-34 shooting (29 percent), which falls short of the 38 percent the Lakers backcourt shot, but neither team was impressive.
However in the end Steve Blake hit the game winner. He was 4-of-6 from beyond the arc on the night so Mike D’Antoni set up a play where Steve Nash or Blake was to spring out, the guy who was open got the rock and the shot. Blake sprung out and got a clean look before Howard could close (it wasn’t his guy) and the rest is the 99-98 Lakers win. Great pass by Jodie Meeks, but Blake hit the shot.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 20
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70