Nov 8, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
While the narrative will be about the revenge of the Lakers on Dwight Howard, that’s not what really decided the Lakers 99-98 win.
This game was about the backcourt: The Rockets starting guards were 10-of-34 shooting (29 percent), which falls short of the 38 percent the Lakers backcourt shot, but neither team was impressive.
However in the end Steve Blake hit the game winner. He was 4-of-6 from beyond the arc on the night so Mike D’Antoni set up a play where Steve Nash or Blake was to spring out, the guy who was open got the rock and the shot. Blake sprung out and got a clean look before Howard could close (it wasn’t his guy) and the rest is the 99-98 Lakers win. Great pass by Jodie Meeks, but Blake hit the shot.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9