Nov 8, 2013, 1:19 AM EDT
While the narrative will be about the revenge of the Lakers on Dwight Howard, that’s not what really decided the Lakers 99-98 win.
This game was about the backcourt: The Rockets starting guards were 10-of-34 shooting (29 percent), which falls short of the 38 percent the Lakers backcourt shot, but neither team was impressive.
However in the end Steve Blake hit the game winner. He was 4-of-6 from beyond the arc on the night so Mike D’Antoni set up a play where Steve Nash or Blake was to spring out, the guy who was open got the rock and the shot. Blake sprung out and got a clean look before Howard could close (it wasn’t his guy) and the rest is the 99-98 Lakers win. Great pass by Jodie Meeks, but Blake hit the shot.
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 8
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6