Nov 8, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
UPDATE 6:10 p.m. ET: Curry is out, reports Sam Amick of USA Today.
1:17 p.m. ET: Stephen Curry is officially day-to-day with a bone bruise in his ankle — and considering this is their star player with a long history of ankle issues (including multiple surgeries), you can expect the Warriors will be cautious here. Even though Curry said Wednesday he expects to go Friday night against the Spurs.
However, Curry wasn’t at shootaround Friday, reports Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle. It is very possible Curry is out and Toney Douglas will get the start for the Warriors.
Curry did show up later and try to convince Mark Jackson he can go:
If Curry doesn’t go, Wednesday’s game suggested we will see a lot of Andre Iguodala acting as the defacto point guard.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday, Nov. 8th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
Curry injured his ankle when he drove the lane for a lay-up and landed on the foot of Kevin Love, and his ankle rolled, during the Warriors win Wednesday night.
The Warriors caught a break that it was not that severe. He’s not going to be out an extended amount of time.
The Warriors have been one of the NBA’s hottest teams to start the season, outscoring teams by a league-best 15.1 points per 100 possessions. We knew with Curry, Iguodala, Klay Thompson and David Lee the Warriors were going to put up points, but their second best defense in the NBA to start the season is fueling this run. We’ll see if they can sustain this over the long run, but if they can they are legit contenders.
But only with a healthy Curry at the point. So don’t be shocked if he misses a game or three here.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 41
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8