Nov 8, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
UPDATE 6:10 p.m. ET: Curry is out, reports Sam Amick of USA Today.
1:17 p.m. ET: Stephen Curry is officially day-to-day with a bone bruise in his ankle — and considering this is their star player with a long history of ankle issues (including multiple surgeries), you can expect the Warriors will be cautious here. Even though Curry said Wednesday he expects to go Friday night against the Spurs.
However, Curry wasn’t at shootaround Friday, reports Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle. It is very possible Curry is out and Toney Douglas will get the start for the Warriors.
Curry did show up later and try to convince Mark Jackson he can go:
If Curry doesn’t go, Wednesday’s game suggested we will see a lot of Andre Iguodala acting as the defacto point guard.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday, Nov. 8th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
Curry injured his ankle when he drove the lane for a lay-up and landed on the foot of Kevin Love, and his ankle rolled, during the Warriors win Wednesday night.
The Warriors caught a break that it was not that severe. He’s not going to be out an extended amount of time.
The Warriors have been one of the NBA’s hottest teams to start the season, outscoring teams by a league-best 15.1 points per 100 possessions. We knew with Curry, Iguodala, Klay Thompson and David Lee the Warriors were going to put up points, but their second best defense in the NBA to start the season is fueling this run. We’ll see if they can sustain this over the long run, but if they can they are legit contenders.
But only with a healthy Curry at the point. So don’t be shocked if he misses a game or three here.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50