Nov 8, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
UPDATE 6:10 p.m. ET: Curry is out, reports Sam Amick of USA Today.
1:17 p.m. ET: Stephen Curry is officially day-to-day with a bone bruise in his ankle — and considering this is their star player with a long history of ankle issues (including multiple surgeries), you can expect the Warriors will be cautious here. Even though Curry said Wednesday he expects to go Friday night against the Spurs.
However, Curry wasn’t at shootaround Friday, reports Rusty Simmons of the San Francisco Chronicle. It is very possible Curry is out and Toney Douglas will get the start for the Warriors.
Curry did show up later and try to convince Mark Jackson he can go:
If Curry doesn’t go, Wednesday’s game suggested we will see a lot of Andre Iguodala acting as the defacto point guard.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday, Nov. 8th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the link.
Curry injured his ankle when he drove the lane for a lay-up and landed on the foot of Kevin Love, and his ankle rolled, during the Warriors win Wednesday night.
The Warriors caught a break that it was not that severe. He’s not going to be out an extended amount of time.
The Warriors have been one of the NBA’s hottest teams to start the season, outscoring teams by a league-best 15.1 points per 100 possessions. We knew with Curry, Iguodala, Klay Thompson and David Lee the Warriors were going to put up points, but their second best defense in the NBA to start the season is fueling this run. We’ll see if they can sustain this over the long run, but if they can they are legit contenders.
But only with a healthy Curry at the point. So don’t be shocked if he misses a game or three here.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 23
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23