Nov 8, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
In the third quarter of the Heat’s win over the Clippers Thursday, Blake Griffin was setting a pick for Chris Paul and Mario Chalmers decided to fight through it — with his forearm up, catching Blake Griffin in the neck.
Friday the league announced a $15,000 fine for Chalmers for the play.
Not a shock, he had to know seconds after a fine was coming. I don’t think it was malicious, but the league can’t allow that to go unpunished (no, a foul call was not enough).
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 0
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 2
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 45
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 23
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14