Nov 8, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
In the third quarter of the Heat’s win over the Clippers Thursday, Blake Griffin was setting a pick for Chris Paul and Mario Chalmers decided to fight through it — with his forearm up, catching Blake Griffin in the neck.
Friday the league announced a $15,000 fine for Chalmers for the play.
Not a shock, he had to know seconds after a fine was coming. I don’t think it was malicious, but the league can’t allow that to go unpunished (no, a foul call was not enough).
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33