Anthony Davis with monster dunk on Lakers (VIDEO)

Nov 8, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT

Anthony Davis is a beast.

Against the Lakers Friday night he had 32 points, 12 rebounds, 6 blocks and three assists as he led the Pelicans to a win over Lakers. He looked every bit the franchise player they expect him to be, making defensive plays and he just moves so well and smartly off the ball to create chances. Davis showed off his midrange game in this one as well.

Oh, and there was this dunk.

1. legend30 - Nov 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Wow! I never seen that dunk before. He’s officially in the MVP consideration.

• spthegr8 - Nov 8, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Monster dunk?? I mean it was a nice play don’t get me wrong but, monster dunk?? Really? Really?? C’mon Kurt.

• reesesteel23 - Nov 9, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Anthony Davis is the S***, but good Lord. MVP? early much?

• legend30 - Nov 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM

It’s called being sarcastic.

2. kb2408 - Nov 8, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yeah, the kid is going to be a beast. He’s Timmy Duncan with a lot more athleticism.

• antistratfordian - Nov 8, 2013 at 11:16 PM

And more handsome.

• somekat - Nov 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Tim Duncan? The kid is exactly the opposite of a young Tim Duncan. Don’t get me wrong, I think Davis is going to be a heck of a player. But Duncan was called “Big Fundamental” when he was still in college for a reason.

Davis has more talent than Duncan had at this point, but he isn’t even on the same court as far as skills

• kb2408 - Nov 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I beg to differ. Like Duncan, David is very fundamentally sound. He rebounds, defends and has an inside/outside game. For the dude that compared him to Camby, look I know it’s Friday, but I think you’ve had enough. My goodness, I hope you’re not driving.

• somekat - Nov 9, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Again, I like the kid, and think he will be a heck of a player. But Duncan came into the league as a top 3 post player. Davis may be there in 2-3 years, but he’s not there now

• legend30 - Nov 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Tim Duncan? More like Marcus Camby…

• mytthor - Nov 9, 2013 at 12:03 AM

He’s already better offensively than Camby ever was. But I agree he’s a better comp than Duncan.

• money2long - Nov 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM

does the basketball world think davis is better than dwight…right now ?

3. apkyletexas - Nov 9, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Nice of the Lakers to part the Red Sea for Davis. Way to man up, LA.

Davis mopped the floor with Gasol and Kaman. Their combined totals were less than his – 25 points, 15 boards, 3 blocks. And he outscored them on fewer shots – Gasol and Kaman went a combined 10-25 shooting, while Davis got his points with 12-18 shooting.

4. scottheis82 - Nov 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM

And in comes anti with his homo-erotic comments… Just another day on PBT.
    Although this one didn’t mention LBJ, is everything okay with you two

• kb2408 - Nov 9, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I’m telling you, I know who “anti” really is. His true self is coming out more and more. He is the artist formerly known as……I can’t even bring myself to type the name! But for those that have been on here at least a year, you know exactly who he is.

• 22yearsagotoday - Nov 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM

LakerLuver?

• limonadamas - Nov 9, 2013 at 8:29 PM

do you really think so? even though all anti does is incessantly contradict anything anyone else says, he still sounds a lot more intelligent than that other guy. plus, anti’s a lebron fan and the other guy was a celtics fan. the only thing they have in common is their hatred of laker fans and kobe.

5. hardballtalkusername - Nov 9, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Anthony Davis doesn’t really remind me of anyone, and that’s what’s so awesome about watching his game. Will be a unique, great player to watch for the next decade (barring injury).

• 00maltliquor - Nov 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Thank you! Preach

6. MyTeamsAllStink - Nov 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM

gotta trim that brow man

7. mrlaloosh - Nov 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

That brow is trademarked. Can’t trim it.

8. scalfor3 - Nov 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

one step and he’s at the rim. freak

9. dls612 - Nov 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM

The truth about some of these dunks such as this one is the reaction of the fans and players if they jump up out of their seats and run around like they sat on a tack then its considered as a monster dunk! People stop over reacting! Monster dunk? I’ve seen better!

10. tn16 - Nov 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM

And his vine video…

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches