Nov 8, 2013, 9:32 PM EDT
In his return to Philadelphia with the Cavaliers on Friday, Bynum was booed lustily by the hometown crowd when he checked in for the first time late in the first quarter, despite never playing a single game for the franchise last season.
Actually, that’s probably the reason why.
Bynum was victimized by knee injuries after the Sixers traded for him in the deal that sent Andre Iguodala out of town, and the fact that he couldn’t get on the court (following some setbacks in his rehab that presumably could have been avoided) didn’t exactly endear him to the fan base. Philadelphia ended up letting him walk in free agency, which ultimately meant pursuing a rebuilding strategy, effective immediately.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18