Nov 7, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
Doc Rivers has spend considerable effort to pump up the ego of DeAndre Jordan, who came out on fire during the preseason but has gotten quiet (literally) as the season has gone on.
Wednesday night Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic owned him. Owned the entire Clipper team really — 30 points and 21 boards. He led the charge in a 98-90 Orlando win. The third year pro showed agility, strength, good court sense, a midrange game and the ability to finish at the rim.
You know, all the things you want in a center to build around. The things the Clippers expect but don’t get consistently out of Jordan. Orlando has something here, a good center who is going to be around a while.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28