Nov 7, 2013, 9:16 AM EST
Doc Rivers has spend considerable effort to pump up the ego of DeAndre Jordan, who came out on fire during the preseason but has gotten quiet (literally) as the season has gone on.
Wednesday night Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic owned him. Owned the entire Clipper team really — 30 points and 21 boards. He led the charge in a 98-90 Orlando win. The third year pro showed agility, strength, good court sense, a midrange game and the ability to finish at the rim.
You know, all the things you want in a center to build around. The things the Clippers expect but don’t get consistently out of Jordan. Orlando has something here, a good center who is going to be around a while.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18