Nov 7, 2013, 9:16 AM EDT
Doc Rivers has spend considerable effort to pump up the ego of DeAndre Jordan, who came out on fire during the preseason but has gotten quiet (literally) as the season has gone on.
Wednesday night Orlando’s Nikola Vucevic owned him. Owned the entire Clipper team really — 30 points and 21 boards. He led the charge in a 98-90 Orlando win. The third year pro showed agility, strength, good court sense, a midrange game and the ability to finish at the rim.
You know, all the things you want in a center to build around. The things the Clippers expect but don’t get consistently out of Jordan. Orlando has something here, a good center who is going to be around a while.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9