Nov 7, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
We’re less than two weeks into the NBA season and James Harden has become the sixth NBA player to get a flopping warning from the league. Guys are really setting a fast pace here out of the gate this year.
Harden’s came in the third quarter against the Trail Blazers Tuesday (you can see the video here or below). Harden pump faked and went up for an elbow jumper over Wes Mathews, one where Mathews tries to face guard Harden a little — but Harden goes to the ground and sold it like he had been punched. It worked, Harden got the foul call, but now he gets a warning as well.
If he is caught again there will be a $5,000 fine for Harden. Which is basically a slap on the wrist and doesn’t stop anybody from flopping, but we knew that already.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron his shots despite good Celtics defense 0
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 15
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 65