Nov 7, 2013, 1:35 PM EST
We’re less than two weeks into the NBA season and James Harden has become the sixth NBA player to get a flopping warning from the league. Guys are really setting a fast pace here out of the gate this year.
Harden’s came in the third quarter against the Trail Blazers Tuesday (you can see the video here or below). Harden pump faked and went up for an elbow jumper over Wes Mathews, one where Mathews tries to face guard Harden a little — but Harden goes to the ground and sold it like he had been punched. It worked, Harden got the foul call, but now he gets a warning as well.
If he is caught again there will be a $5,000 fine for Harden. Which is basically a slap on the wrist and doesn’t stop anybody from flopping, but we knew that already.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17