Nov 7, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
We’re less than two weeks into the NBA season and James Harden has become the sixth NBA player to get a flopping warning from the league. Guys are really setting a fast pace here out of the gate this year.
Harden’s came in the third quarter against the Trail Blazers Tuesday (you can see the video here or below). Harden pump faked and went up for an elbow jumper over Wes Mathews, one where Mathews tries to face guard Harden a little — but Harden goes to the ground and sold it like he had been punched. It worked, Harden got the foul call, but now he gets a warning as well.
If he is caught again there will be a $5,000 fine for Harden. Which is basically a slap on the wrist and doesn’t stop anybody from flopping, but we knew that already.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90