Nov 7, 2013, 1:35 PM EDT
We’re less than two weeks into the NBA season and James Harden has become the sixth NBA player to get a flopping warning from the league. Guys are really setting a fast pace here out of the gate this year.
Harden’s came in the third quarter against the Trail Blazers Tuesday (you can see the video here or below). Harden pump faked and went up for an elbow jumper over Wes Mathews, one where Mathews tries to face guard Harden a little — but Harden goes to the ground and sold it like he had been punched. It worked, Harden got the foul call, but now he gets a warning as well.
If he is caught again there will be a $5,000 fine for Harden. Which is basically a slap on the wrist and doesn’t stop anybody from flopping, but we knew that already.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32